winter pb

fishindude420

Had a kick ass swimbait bite this winter. got this big girl along with a few other chunkers in the 6 to 8 lb range and of a few lame rats in the 4 lb range. just thought id wait for the swimbait bite to shut down to post her up! lol. My dumbass didn't bring my scale but she was defenitely the biggest bass iv'e ever landed on a swimbait. I got a 10.2 last year at the same spot and she def had a pound or two on top of that she was frkn obese and long as hell just a perfect specimen and she looked untouched like shes never seen a lure in her life! lol. Im still stoked iv'e been hunting a fish like this down for the past 15 plus years outta these ponds!

post-639-1425298882154_thumb.jpg

post-639-14252988822492_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments guys! That fish defenitely got the blood pumping! first fish ive actually had rip drag off my calcutta and i always have it locked down so i knew this fish was a frkn giant the second she crushed my hud. Peeling line and heading to deep water almost felt like a striper! lol. The craziest thing is usually any fish over 8 i lip just to be safe. i dont like chancing that much pressure on my line or hooks if i can lip them but i was in so much shock when she came next to shore i didnt wanna chance the extra second to bend down and lip her.plus i upgraded to 30 lb a week before so i had a split second to think and my body told me flip that son of a "Not Allowed" with all you got!luckily the water was up from previous rains so i only had a few inches to lift her up.got some momentum going on her and flipped her up as fast as i could. I got about 3 quarters of her body out and outta instinct i stuck my foot out in a split second and flipped the rest of that pig on shore before she jumped back in. havent got out in a while but seeing my post right now gives me the urge to go hunt down another dd for the summer! :)

• 3 months later...