yet another trout...

jigginpig

Thanks! I got tired of the real shiny eyes you can buy, just started making them. I think the ones l make look better, but l am probably biased.

I make them for cranks too, saves a little money per bait and has a different look.

Nice...when can i get one of those in my hands  8-)

I don't know if I will be going that way with this one. I might, but I have a few little things I want to do to it, and TBH make a better mold of the original. I made my mold when the master had a flat finish, and it makes de-molding the resin a little tricky, as well as having to fill pinholes in the cast bait. Not a structural issue per se, but it does add to the amount of time I have to spend dicking around with an individual lure. 

I did add just under 2 grams of weight to the bait yesterday and re-swam it, and it looks super, super good with a stop and start type retrieve. It still looks a little snakey/unnatural on a steady wind, but in my opinion ALL of the baits look a little strange when you just crank them in. The Triple Trout is the worst, and yet it gets bit quite well. My bait has about 50% of the curve the TT has, and responds to subtle imputs so much better. Not knocking the TT, I like them and use them and think they are a great product. I was just going for something different with this. 

I am about to start another carving, I will keep people up to speed on tat if the interest is there. 

Cheers all. 

SS

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...