Swaiver swim???

Brian C

So I'm still new to swimbaits. I bought a swaiver 200 and that's the only glide bait I have fished so I'm not totally sure how the action is supposed to be. Well anyways the one I got the tail is slightly bent and it wants to glide the the right more then the left and idk if maybe it's from the tail? It will glide 2-3 times sometimes to the right and sometimes it glides back and fourth pretty decently. I'm wondering it it is user error or if I got a dud. It appears to sorta work. I did manage to catch a pickerel working it like a jerkbait cause I was frustrated trying to get it to glide consistently. Any thoughts are appreciated

Yes, that would affect the glide. I had one just like that, it was a light trout too. I hit it up with a heat gun to soften the tail and lay a BIG book over it to straighten it out. Swims perfectly after that. You might get away with using a hair dryer. Hope this helps

If that doesn't work could be hinges need some sanding. Search on utube for technique.

that's to open up the distance on the glide not fix the action. I had one that stuck to one side and I just got the replacement. Try and straiten the tail and if it still does not swim good contact customer service.

The tail does not come out that I know. It is secured with a pin but I have not taken one out. Should only take 90 seconds or so to soften up. It's a harder material so it will notake go completely soft. Heat tweAK and hang by the nose to cool.

that's to open up the distance on the glide not fix the action. I had one that stuck to one side and I just got the replacement. Try and straiten the tail and if it still does not swim good contact customer service.

Nope unless it is already perfectly proportioned then ur right. Alot of slammers need the same touch up just to equal out the sides that meet.

Edited by bigpoppabass

Nope unless it is already perfectly proportioned then ur right. Alot of slammers need the same touch up just to equal out the sides that meet.

I would tend to say that hand made baits would be more likely to require a little more tuning. Injection plastic should have a very good repeatability and with any qa this would be quickly sorted out. Not impossible but unlikely.

I would tend to say that hand made baits would be more likely to require a little more tuning. Injection plastic should have a very good repeatability and with any qa this would be quickly sorted out. Not impossible but unlikely.

I agree but swavers r notorious for needing to find that special one imo. You would not expect that to be the case.

I have 8 and I did have one with a hinge issue. I sent it back and the sent out a new one. When talking to the rep this seems to be more common on this bait than one would expect. Paint seems to be the most common issue but he did not give me all the dirt. I think if they left a little more clearance in the hinge like the slide swimmer they would have a more consistent product. Will they update or fix the product who knows.