Freestanding Rod Rack?

Londonmitch

The PVC stuff is really nice, but you can do it a lot cheaper with some wood a few screws and a spade bit and a saw...

Two matching squares or rectangles of ply wood drilled through both with an 1"+ spade bit secured to some 8" spacer pieces of 2x4 with block's of 2x4 on the bottom to hold it off the floor. Cheap easy and you can make it any size, oh and did I say it was actually REALLY cheap!? As long as you have some scrap lumber available, which ever real man should have! :lol:

If you need it to look cool you can spray paint it a few times.

Just make one out of PVC and paint it black. You can make it any size and configuration for super cheap, the most expensive item would be the spray paint. my .02

Thanks Guys

Another member actually sent me a a pic of a PVC rack and I'm going to give it a shot this week.

Here's a pic: I'm planning on making it for 12 instead of 20 and hope to use black PVC instead. I'll post some pics when it's finished

11b0e861-3bcd-42e5-b372-30506d505bfd_zps2b6138e1.jpg

Thats sick!!!! I need me one of those.

I finally had a little time to give this a try and it worked out perfectly. Black PVC wasn't an option because they didn't have all of the pieces required. The parts are around $35 and it took about 45 minutes to get it finished.

Parts: 2--10'x1 1/2 PVC cut into 12-8" pieces, 13-6" pieces, and 6-2" pieces

14 T's

4 90 degree elbows

It can be screwed together but I'm going to hold off on that for now.

post-67-14252988426482_thumb.jpg

I finally had a little time to give this a try and it worked out perfectly. Black PVC wasn't an option because they didn't have all of the pieces required. The parts are around $35 and it took about 45 minutes to get it finished.

Parts: 2--10'x1 1/2 PVC cut into 12-8" pieces, 13-6" pieces, and 6-2" pieces

14 T's

4 90 degree elbows

It can be screwed together but I'm going to hold off on that for now.

SWEET!

The only problem with the pvc Ive found is if you drop the rod in too hard, the inside of the pipe will cut the grips. Especially cork. Take some sandpaper or a file to the inside corner to smooth it out.

Thanks for the tip I'll have to smooth mine out.