Minn Kota Ultrex

BASS_SWINGER

• 1 month later...

1. And don't forget to use the remote to change the position in 4 foot increments without resetting the spot lock.

2. Setting the spot lock is the only tricky issue with feature. The boat is often moving so slightly when you want to set it and it locks onto that precise gps spot as soon as you hit the button. That makes makes motor take you back to exact spot where you pressed button resulting in a time delay to get positioned. I may have gen 1 technology on my terrova. I heard they improved it. 

3. It is big Money so much so it scared me to make the purchase. Needed special install and new terrovas need a new base. You can't just throw a new terrova over a non spot lock base. They make you buy everything new. 

4. I dunno but I feel a little underappreciated haha. The nonboater usually gets access to the best casting water when holding in wind or in current. 

5. You will likely need to replace your female connector too if it is not the fireproof one they now offer. The regular connectors dont hold up to the power demand.  I got lucky when mine roasted - no damage to the motor. 

Edited by bigpoppabass