Strangest bites

Fishingallday31

What was your strangest bite? I have had some weird topwater hits lately, had a shellcracker bite the split second the bait hit the water, same splash as the bait landing was the bait getting taken.... Would love to hear some of your guys stories, I'm sure the veterans have some wild ones...

i have plenty of bites that hit as soon as the bait hits the water. topwater or not, baits do get tracked in the air.

its like a bird dropping a free meal! we coined it the dinner bell

:)

gotta be ready at all times

Like I mentioned on another post I Had one recently that I felt nothing.......No bump, thump, or hit of any kind, my line just went limp, figured a fish had it. Had to give it 3 or 4 cranks before I could swing.

Also a few years back I'm fishing a Hudd and got it hung up. I was trying for like 5 to 10 minutes to shake it loose. I walked up and down the bank both ways and could not shake it loose. I was about to breaking it off when my line starts swiming off, swing and I was rewarded with a chunky 5.8#.......who needs a bait knocker? :lol:

Was throwing a 7" Slammer last year and felt an AWESOME bite! Swung on it and started reeling, nothing there :?: Kept reeling it in anyway and it just felt different. Got it to the boat and it was a warmouth that was hooked on the front hooks but his tail didn't make it past the 7" slammers tail :lol: I should of gotten a pic but it was real late at night and in a tourney I think. I'm guessing the fish was maybe 4-5" long :lol::lol:

I was fishing a Mattlure hard gill floater. When I got the bait to my feet I received a text from Gary aka 3ills. When I was texting back with the bait right at my feet. Out of nowhere a 4lb LMB breached on my bait taking the gill and himself on shore. No hook set no crank of the reel. I didn't even need a rod or reel :o

My weirdest bite ever came on a 5" bull shad. I was fishing and got hung on a bush right on the water and was barely shaking trying to free it and then an explosion started reeling it in without much fight and when it got about 10 feet away a webbed foot came out of the water it was the biggest bull frog I have ever seen.

WE catch frogs on frogs on the delta alot :lol::lol: who needs a gig! Anyways, I just received a FS bass in the mail from a fellow member, took it for a spin last night... got HAMMERED, tryed to rip my LDC H out of my hands.... it weighed one pound! LOL

I was fishing a frog at one of the local ponds one morning and as soon as i pull up to the spot, further down the bank i see a bass chasing some shad up. I quickly throw down there and of course, I make a terrible cast which the frog ended up on the bank. I quickly reel and try and get it into the water and right before it landed in the water (like an inch from the water) the bass turns, comes straight on the bank and crushes the bait, flops back in, then swims out deep. Me being stuned, i didnt know whether to give him more time to eat the frog or just set the hook. I just ended up slamming the hook into him and getting up. Barely hooked him though which was the weird part. Just wish i could have gotten it on camera! :lol:

As I was reelin the bait I looked for the next casting spot. Doing so when the bait got back, right on the rock I was standing, I pulled my swimbait out and what looked like a 6-8lber decided to take it there. Scared the heck out of me lol cuz I wasn't paying attention. Didn't hook it well and she got away only to pop back a few feet away to cuss at me and take off

There's one pond I fish that I fairly regularly have crappie hit topwater. So far, I've caught them on Super Spooks, buzzbaits, Jitterbugs, and, just a couple weeks ago, a Slammer. He actually blew up on it pretty hard too.

[attachment=0]060513 - 01 small.JPG[/attachment]

That's awesome

In 2010 while living in the great state of Oklahoma I was pond fishing and had set my jig rod down over the side of the boat to throw a crankbait... My jig hovered over the water, only hitting the surface when the wind would blow a little wake my way, about 10 minutes into cranking a fish jumped up and grabbed my jig on the rod I wasn't using. Only fish I caught that day! I was kind of ashamed.