Review Request- victory 7’10” xxh

Swimbait302

Needed a new rod for heavier baits and after doing some research I pulled the trigger on one earlier today. Probably gonna be pairing it with a curado 301hg and throwing baits like the wade hoggs, K9, and big softbaits on it. Anyone have any experience with this rod? I haven’t heard much and they’ve been on the market since November. Super excited to try it out and will update this thread once it arrives and I’ve gotten the chance to fish it in case anyone else is curious.

I have seen a few videos on these rods by The Hookup Tackle dudes. They seem to really like them. I have not used any in the victory line but I do have a MOJO swimbait rod and it's really good for soft bait and some treble baits. ST Croix makes a great rod

2 hours ago, Spencer_518 said:

I have seen a few videos on these rods by The Hookup Tackle dudes. They seem to really like them. I have not used any in the victory line but I do have a MOJO swimbait rod and it's really good for soft bait and some treble baits. ST Croix makes a great rod

St. Croix swimbait rods are some of the best value on the market, I have a bass x 7’10” xh and have been fortunate enough to use a friends MOJO and can say without a doubt they’re some of the most comfortable swimbait rods to throw. Hoping the victory lives up to my expectations

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2022 at 9:37 PM, Tealsprig said:

I’ve used the Victory and bass X rods for over a year. I’m thoroughly impressed.    The victory had a couple revisions until the final product you see now. 

super lightweight. They share technology from their high end rods. But in a super affordable package.  

ST Croix is all I fish now.  And the warranty can’t be beat. 15 years!!!

• 3 months later...
On 3/14/2022 at 6:21 PM, Swimbait302 said:

Needed a new rod for heavier baits and after doing some research I pulled the trigger on one earlier today. Probably gonna be pairing it with a curado 301hg and throwing baits like the wade hoggs, K9, and big softbaits on it. Anyone have any experience with this rod? I haven’t heard much and they’ve been on the market since November. Super excited to try it out and will update this thread once it arrives and I’ve gotten the chance to fish it in case anyone else is curious.

Any update? Just ordered one so curious about how it handles?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2022 at 2:15 AM, Efrain said:

Is it sensitive or more broomstick?

It’s sensitive.   It’s got a lot of technology from their highest end rods trickled down to a much more affordable price.   I throw my victory rods 95% of the time.   

lure rating is pretty true to spec too.  Not like some other rods out there where the sweet spot is way lower.