Fish 30 acre Victory shad???

Jut

Is any one fishing the Victory shad, If so how are you fishing it. What retrieve,how deep, around grass,lay downs, ect. I want to put a split ring on the line tie and maybe a bigger hook. Just wanted to see if i could get a heads up before i take my busted ass to the lake. Any info would be great pics of fish on it would be sweet also.

Thanks guys

I recently bought a limited edition victory shad in Bluegill color. I took it out yesterday and the joint is acting like its too stiff and the bait stays in one position. I need to email Ryan and ask if I'm doing something wrong.

I got out today for a little bit and messed around with it some. If you work it with the reel it glides ok but on a steady slow retrieve it kind of flops around. A 1/4 reel turn and it would glide about a foot or so. I think its going to catch some fish just have to play with it some more.

• 11 months later...

Mine flops around pretty much all the time, unless you fish it like a slow twitch bait. I tried bigger hooks to ballast it (no change), a split ring (a little improvement), and everything else I could think of. I contacted him and he said:

"Like I said, I test swam them all and it worked fine for me, it's just a matter of finding that rhythm",

which is not what the website said at the time:

"The single joint allows for an attractive slalom swimming motion. A slow steady retrieve will create a back and forth action, while adding pops and twitches during the retrieve will give the lure a fleeing baitfish look."

To which he said

"Yeah, there might be a little confusion there. I will update the site to make it a little more understandable. Those add ons to the site were made months ago for the website guy when we just started making the lures... I will also be making better videos to show how a person can work it. "find your rhythm" is the victory shad's motto now."

Because he said he tests them all, I figured it was what it was. I've worked other baits that require the right rythm with out getting the flop, but really only can get mine to not flop when I fish it as a slow twitch bait. Maybe it is me, I don't know. To his credit, he offered to take it back and refund it if it wasn't what I wanted. I kept it to fish as a twitch bait, which is not something I often do.

This was my experience with the gen 1. I saw he recently moved on to gen 2 which he says swims on a simple steady retrieve.

What it boils down to is that he is still making shitty bait lol. They are pretty much Tylures that swim worse but have better looking paint haha. As it turns out, molding a fish and slapping a joint in it doesn't make it a good bait.

I had to take a double take on the date of this post.

The author of this thread scammed me for $140 on a FS shad he never sent last October, then disappeared. I was about to lose it, then I saw it was July of 2013. Oh well.

Carry on.