Bittersweet

WaterWolf44

What kind of leader do you use? I know you target pike an awful lot hahaha. I use 60lb mono on my small stuff and 100lb on my big stuff. I tie it all myself, ends up costing like 50 cents a leader. Looks like the fish was a good size, excited to get back to it myself after finals week

29 minutes ago, CG_Fishes said:

What kind of leader do you use? I know you target pike an awful lot hahaha. I use 60lb mono on my small stuff and 100lb on my big stuff. I tie it all myself, ends up costing like 50 cents a leader. Looks like the fish was a good size, excited to get back to it myself after finals week

I made a ish ton of Rookie mistakes. Didn't have a leader on

3 hours ago, Staogtepi said:

Pike are always a blast. Nice catch. Gotta get a net and hold him in it next time while unhooking. Good luck!

The cruel Irony is that I had a net in the boat. I thought I  was ok the pike had other ideas

1 hour ago, CG_Fishes said:

I use 100 lb leader aswell. Had a musky bite clean through 50. I have a buddy that ties mine but its definitely the way to go over store bought.

57 minutes ago, GrayBass said:

I use 100 lb leader aswell. Had a musky bite clean through 50. I have a buddy that ties mine but its definitely the way to go over store bought.

I use whatever is appropriate for the bait which I am using. If I am using a 1-2oz lure a 100lb leader is overpowering and affects the action so I have found that 60lb is more than enough if you play the fish a with a bit more care. On the bigger baits that can handle a heavier leader 100lb is a fantastic option