Megabass Megadog

monkeyonthemoon

Got the matte trout one, and changed out the hooks with 4x for big stripers. Took it out for the first time on the Sac River and it was a tough day and only got 1 blowup. 
The bait walks really well, it glides pretty effortlessly or it can also be worked for more violent action. 
This was my first time using a topwater over 6” and it was awesome! I’d recommend using 80lb braid to a 130lb SPRO clip. You could also do well with a short leader because it does tangle a bit in the braid although I managed to reduce the tangle as I learned the bait.

Edited by monkeyonthemoon

• monkeyonthemoon changed the title to Megabass Megadog
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BASS_SWINGER said:

I have one and think it’s garbage compared to a punker. Definitely not a bait you can work fast and aggressive 

You can’t walk it like a normal spook, idk about a punker I’ve never fished one. But you can most definitely work it quick and aggressive, or slow it down and make exaggerated sweeps with it. The key is to also  pull the bait with the rod, like the typical walk but let the rod travel more, basically pulling it across the water during a walk

Chef actually recommended me this bait and it’s awesome! It’s a fun bait to fish regardless. Plus you don’t have to worry about a bad batch of wood or whatever. More consistent in action and readily available. 

This one smoked it over a drop off while I was working it aggressively

1BBAA828-3DDC-465B-B535-95397F7DEF14.thumb.png.8750cacf349043ca1ed2e5fd803e80e5.png