Wind and Mud swimbaiting

High Power Swimbaits

Went swimbait fishing for the first time in 2011 last weekend. I was sick the first part of the year and didn't get out much so of course the first chance I have to get out for a couple hours to fish swimbaits I get wind gusts to 35-40 mph and muddy water. Went to the back of a creek in the current coming in to the lake and pitched the top hook HPH to laydowns since it was too windy to stay out on the main lake. Just banged the swimbait through the top limbs and down the trunks slow rolling it shallow. Got several strikes that didn't hook up from smaller fish but managed to hook six that were big enough to eat it. Missed the photo of the best fish of the day trying to take it in the wind and stay on the trolling motor but I did get the head. :lol:

post-119-1425298504376_thumb.jpg

That fish has gotta be big, look at its head :shock: Was that on Varner Randall?
Didn't have time to go to Varner. :cry: I might have sank the new boat on Varner if I tried with all the wind. Caught it at Allatoona. It wasn't really that big seven to eight pounds as a guess. Allatoona is full of bass with big heads and skinny bodies.

That fish has gotta be big, look at its head :shock: Was that on Varner Randall?
Didn't have time to go to Varner. :cry: I might have sank the new boat on Varner if I tried with all the wind. Caught it at Allatoona. It wasn't really that big seven to eight pounds as a guess. Allatoona is full of bass with big heads and skinny bodies.

Oh ok, I didnt know you fished at Allatoona. Isnt 8 pounds good at Allatoona? I dont fish any of the big lakes in GA much since I dont have a boat.

Oh ok, I didnt know you fished at Allatoona. Isnt 8 pounds good at Allatoona? I dont fish any of the big lakes in GA much since I dont have a boat.

I moved to Paulding county last year so Allatoona and Acworth are the closest lakes to me now so I have been fishing them more when I can 't get over to the east side of Atlanta . Eight pounds is good at Allatoona and you don't see them too often there but it's not as tough a lake as many people make it sound. It's actually probably the easiest lake in GA to catch smaller fish or hybrids/stripers. Allatoona is fishing good right now. 25lbs won a tournament last week so I am not the only person catching good fish there right now.