Rod recs for the Tiny Klash

captainhookset

On 5/31/2022 at 12:24 PM, captainhookset said:

literally every rod ive tried. my definition of "long" is probably different than yours - take the Leithian MH for example. Love the blank, hate the handle for a TK. I don't need something that tucks under my armpit for a little 2oz bait.

@PKNNH Yup - i've gone thru about three customs so far and just haven't been able to find the right blank/handle combo that I like. Tried a bunch of the NFCs, havent found the right one. Also had a Phenix blank that was nice but just way too heavy. More like a salmon rod almost lol

what about the leviathan finnesse swimbait rod the handle is 15 and a quarter inches long from butt to trigger. 

• 1 year later...

How about the Dobyns champ XP 794.5 AR rod? Just picked one up rating is between 1-4 oz. Listed as an A-Rog rod but super comfortable to handle and it’s that perfect in-between between the 794 and 795. Loads up great too for those treble hooks baits. Sweet spot for me is that 2-2.5 oz but it fishes up to 3oz comfortably.

Umair

On 6/1/2022 at 10:32 AM, Phiderman said:

I have thrown it with pretty good success on a phenix feather 77h. The rating is 1/4-2oz so the tiny is at the top of the rating but it is a super light and stealthy TiK rod paired with a curado 150dc. Base of the reel seat to the end of the rod is 10-3/4”

CDF64C4D-F695-4C8B-B6A5-9976A9EC726B.jpeg

Does it ever feel overloaded?

17 minutes ago, Efrain said:

Does it ever feel overloaded?

A little but I never had any issues with it. I only use that setup when I am doing short roll cast and pitches into heavy cover. If I am fishing long cast over weed beds, flats or whatever I use a different setup. You can still do that with the feather but it excels in those tighter situations. 

On 3/14/2024 at 11:22 AM, Phiderman said:

A little but I never had any issues with it. I only use that setup when I am doing short roll cast and pitches into heavy cover. If I am fishing long cast over weed beds, flats or whatever I use a different setup. You can still do that with the feather but it excels in those tighter situations. 

I have a Horizonte 73 and a Mark 56, but use my 9 foot telescopic Lews crankbait rod and it kills it for the tk. Lol.

Good to hear about the feather tho, thanks.