Next hot hype bait predictions?

Rangermike

I posted a similar topic quite a while back (maybe 2 years or so?) and there were some interesting responses. The reason it came to mind for me was that I felt like the Sherpa gill was under valued. I still really like it for my two piece wake and you can find them under retail. They might never make hype status but they work well and to me they look super cool too, which may or may not matter to some. 

1 hour ago, Bass_blaster said:

I posted a similar topic quite a while back (maybe 2 years or so?) and there were some interesting responses. The reason it came to mind for me was that I felt like the Sherpa gill was under valued. I still really like it for my two piece wake and you can find them under retail. They might never make hype status but they work well and to me they look super cool too, which may or may not matter to some. 

The 3pc is highly underrated but I really think there not hype due to quality not tryna bash him in anyway but it didn't look.the greatest up close and after a few fish and a weird hardware failure its pretty Rasheed but it still works so can't complain to bad the swim is sick. 

I said bait but really I mean hyped bait maker. I think certain things help like collector quality looks, making several different quality baits, big social media following, and honestly making baits geared more towards catching quality not necessarily giants so they can be fished by more people and are easier to use. There are exceptions but that’s what I’ve noticed. 

I would say Fish Everything was right there for a minute but his customer service practices sunk that ship. Jdm stuff will always be hype but what I've noticed with American made stuff the guys with hyper realistic baits and good customer service usually kill it and can't keep up with demand. 

6 hours ago, WaterWolf44 said:

I gotta say Gatordog  and Trashy. Both are in high demand and hard to get

Haven’t thrown it yet but I just picked up the Gatordog gill is sick in person. Great customer service… I feel that great customer service is a no no for hype baits. 

I was gonna say Gatordog too. Swimbait garage for sure. It’s so crazy the number of makers that have popped up the past 2-3 years. The increase has been like tenfold the previous 10 years. I still come across tons of builders I’ve never even heard of on IG that have AMAZING looking baits! The big difference is that brand new bait makers still all charge $100-$200 for baits that nobody has ever fished lol. 

My guess if he keeps growing is Hoogbaits fwiw. One of the best actions on a glide I’ve seen, great customer service, and looks like high end stuff. Keeping making baits and building momentum is key I’ve seen builders take a long break and kills hype for a builder. If he can come out with another great bait or two to go with his glide that will help.