Creeper/Crawler bait recommendations

professorbass

If you have IG hit up Kenyon custom lures, I’ve got about 2 dozen fish in his bait already and haven’t had to tweak or tune it once yet. Sick bait 

I use to be a recommend the monka but it’s a huge PIA to tune and easily goes out of tune after one fish, or getting stuff in the weeds or really anything pulling on the wings 

tye deka dodge and gancraft crawlers are great options for less money and the jackal pompadour is another awesome one, the megabass is decent too, just doesn’t cast that great, but can be Burned or slow crawled  

12 hours ago, Adrian L. said:

kurouto monster crawler is the ish!!!! and it casts like a damn missile!!!!! no tuning necessary on mine and ive been using it for 2years now

Mine is currently out of commission. Got smashed so many times last summer that I can't get it back to crawling properly. 

17 minutes ago, professorbass said:

Battle wing or the monster?

General consensus in the past has been for 1 piece crawlers overall. Not that the multi-piece don't get bit or have a role.

12 minutes ago, professorbass said:

Anybody try the deps crawler?

My buddy fishes the Jr. and gets bit. Again, our fish smash crawlers so hard that they get out of tune and are basically never as good as new. I'm moderately mechanically inclined and getting them back to stock performance is a real problem. 

20 hours ago, Frezzy said:

Do you guys change the hooks on your Kurouto Monsters?  I picked one up recently and the hooks seem very small and flimsy too me.

100% change those hooks, they're like jerkbait hooks!  i'd change the rings too personally...

9 hours ago, professorbass said:

Battle wing or the monster?

1,000% the monster.  both get bit and the battlewing is great for getting the bites, but it is not durable enough for me to recommend.  I've had 2 of them come undone at the joint on not very big fish!!

• 4 weeks later...

Monka. Catches Giants consistently. Only weak spot i have found is the wings. They will crack at the slot after heavy use and untold number of catches. It has happened to me twice in about three or four  years but i throw the Monka daily.  I can no longer get wing kits from MLW but have found a solution for replacement wings.                           FXXX speed crawler. If they don't want dead slow i burn or burn,pause, burn the FXXX. Reminds me of a buzzbait. Caught some real quality fish on it the last two years. Especially Smallies. Word of caution. Periodically check the bottom hook hanger on both baits. They will loosen and back out .