Looking for Shad profile recommendations

professorbass

7 hours ago, chevro1et said:

You can probably find a BGC 7" in that price range, they have a great swim. A couple that I have on my wishlist are DS Customs and Rafa. All great reputable builders. 

2nd the 7” BGC shad - I have several - very consistent bait with a great glide.  

I second the 10” Dockrat Shad if you have a set up to throw it. My older version weighs 6.4oz and my newer version weighs 7.oz on the money. Those are on my scales which are always within a tenth or so of the makers listed weight. The baits are very thin for a profile that big. But they catch and swim well. At $118 to your door, it’s well below your budget. Even if you can’t hit a drop, they pop up in the BM from time to time still under $150. One of the best big profile Shad glides in that price range in my opinion. 

Also love BGC glides. I just prefer the 9”. Great baits and amazing customer service.

Edited by SVT THUNDER
Add

7 minutes ago, chevro1et said:

Out of curiosity, weight on 9" BGC glide?

6 ounces - the glide is incredible - nice and wide and very stable.  

a little off topic but I can’t wait to get my 8” BGC Gen 3 trouts  

FAE85551-E079-43B4-A5C3-5674CB046EBF.jpeg

Edited by Jim137a

1 minute ago, Jim137a said:

6 ounces - the glide is incredible - nice and wide and very stable.  

The think that really got my interest in the BGC 9" was when @jkarol24 reluctantly talked about it on the Cast and Crank podcast, trying to keep it under the radar.  And Jason has seen and swam a lot of baits.

15 hours ago, Jim137a said:

2nd the 7” BGC shad - I have several - very consistent bait with a great glide.  

I'm one of the newbies when it comes to throwing swimbaits but of all I've tried I have yet to find a 7" bait any better than the BGC. I've actually sold most my other different brands this size and gone all in with them. This is not a picture for bragging rights, just showing I'm being truthful. These have all been purchased from SU members and have really nice paint jobs. Photo doesn't compare to what they really look like. Good luck with your search!

1659415172564157697985237563577.thumb.jpg.6aea76716cb108b5b55e049f85f7bd62.jpg