first bait.

alexgee

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F the critics. If you are making it for your use only, make what ever you want. Hell, make an exact copy of a 3:16 if you want, just dont sell it or give them away.

thank you bro. not making them for sale. just in case i lost one. I lost my lunker punker not long ago, and spending over 60+ for a lure i can make is no fun when you work hard for your $$

F the critics. If you are making it for your use only, make what ever you want. Hell, make an exact copy of a 3:16 if you want, just dont sell it or give them away.

thank you bro. not making them for sale. just in case i lost one. I lost my lunker punker not long ago, and spending over 60+ for a lure i can make is no fun when you work hard for your $$

Your on the right track. And you did an excellent job making one.

Seeing how skilled you are with this, I'd love to see you come up with something wild. I'd be interested in one!

Your on the right track. And you did an excellent job making one.

Seeing how skilled you are with this, I'd love to see you come up with something wild. I'd be interested in one!

ill try a sinking one soon bro. when i get a couple of them going ill shoot one your way for free.

I've got to say, just because a bait looks similar to someone else' bait doesn't make it someone elses. Look at the reaction strike trout... then look at the huddleston. Similar right? but completely different!!! One is quality and built right, the other, not so much. The beauty of lure making is that you can make two lures the exact same but they can accomplish different purposes. There is no doubt in my mind that you can't make that topwater swimbait walk the dog better than the Punker. Challenge yourself. Make both baits! Weight them differently! try new things! Make one a popper? IDK MAN! EXPERIMENT! This whole game is about making a better mouse trap. Sometimes the best trap is one that looks the same but "walks the walk" a little differently. Get crazy with your imagination... That's how companies get started.

I've got to say, just because a bait looks similar to someone else' bait doesn't make it someone elses. Look at the reaction strike trout... then look at the huddleston. Similar right? but completely different!!! One is quality and built right, the other, not so much. The beauty of lure making is that you can make two lures the exact same but they can accomplish different purposes. There is no doubt in my mind that you can't make that topwater swimbait walk the dog better than the Punker. Challenge yourself. Make both baits! Weight them differently! try new things! Make one a popper? IDK MAN! EXPERIMENT! This whole game is about making a better mouse trap. Sometimes the best trap is one that looks the same but "walks the walk" a little differently. Get crazy with your imagination... That's how companies get started.

i agree with you bro. thank you. its a fun hobby and im gonna like experimenting with different methods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the paint job is okay You will get better at it. It took me a few baits to learn i started watching youtube vids. Solarfalls is sick with it watch some of his it might help you out.

Only color that matters on a top water is the white underbelly... What else does the fish see? :lol: the paint job is to catch the fisherman ;) was it an airbrush job? Or rattle can? Either way it takes practice. Watch some taxidermist how to airbrush videos. That'll get you really moving.