Hiroshima Customs Hirocaine

Jim137a

Picked up a Hirocaine and so far I'm def impressed. I was looking for a bigger waking gill that was relatively light for its size - 8” long, 3.25” high at the tallest part of the bait and and a little over 5 oz. 

It comes with stock with Decoy XS-21 1/0 and 1 quads but I’m going to try lighter hooks to get it to float up a bit more  

It sits deep in the water with only the very top of the bait sticking out off the water. 

Paint and finish are incredible  

Casts well for such a broad bait.

Cast it out and let it settle and rise up and start the retrieve - the shoulder roll is incredible and u can feel the thump one the retrieve - definitely a bait for windy days.

With the stock hooks on shorter casts the bait moves a lot of water and wakes beautifully.

On longer casts with the stock hooks the bait will crank down about a foot and again produces a nice thump.

I’m going  to try some some lighter hooks and split rings to get it to wake on longer casts.

I fished it on Izorline 20# copoly  

https://hiroshimacustoms.com/products/8-hirocaine?variant=41914421969075

Swim video from @hiroshimacustoms IG page 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChaFYrvrJF8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1BDD150C-2E57-4B2A-8146-5A5B039FD33F.jpeg

28 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

this is prob his best looking bait IMO. Wish he made it in a smaller size for us less manly men

I throw my bigger stuff sparingly as my senior citizen shoulders feel the pain of throwing 6 oz plus all day. 

I really throw them under certain situations like when the bite is really good and I’m  trying to dig up a better fish - happens every outing in NJ LOL. 

When conditions are prime and I come across PRIME lies. 

When I’m getting skunked on “ regular size “ swimbaits and looking for that “ Hail Mary Catch “ LOL

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, gary m said:

I got the countdown version havent had a chance to try yet but sure looks good got a dock raider as well

Picked up,a,dock raider as well in the XS sink and tune it on the fly by adding grenade weights to it to get it to the depth I want. 

‘’pretty amazing movement on the dock raider. 

yes it swims amazing but so do all his baits that I have love his baits same as I have  the xs sink I prefer them or a low float I use lead strips around hook shanks for that never tried the grenade weights

8 hours ago, gary m said:

yes it swims amazing but so do all his baits that I have love his baits same as I have  the xs sink I prefer them or a low float I use lead strips around hook shanks for that never tried the grenade weights

Grenade weights are pretty cool - snap them on and off to s change the sink rate pretty much on the fly

https://www.varivas.fishing/products/nogales-tg-grenade-sinker-quick-changer/