Do moon phases matter?

benlovelady

I was just wondering if any of you guys on the forum have had any success during certain moon phases. If you have what phase is usually the best. I now the week of the full and new moon are the best but have any of you guys tested this theory. I never thought of moon phases much and have caught decent fish during almost every phase.

I'm a firm believer that moon phases do matter.

That's being said, I pay absolutely no attention to moon phases. I base my fishing time around my work/personal schedule, not the moon. If I get time to fish, I'm hitting the water regardless of the moon

That's being said, I pay absolutely no attention to moon phases. I base my fishing time around my work/personal schedule, not the moon. If I get time to fish, I'm hitting the water regardless of the moon

Agreed..ima fish as much as possible anyway so I know what phases are better for me but doesn't dictate when I fish

Agreed..ima fish as much as possible anyway so I know what phases are better for me but doesn't dictate when I fish

I think it effects the fishing but I also live by the above comments.

+1 I have to fish when I can.

+2 fish when I can...or when the Mrs. lets me :lol::lol::lol:

+2 fish when I can...or when the Mrs. lets me :lol::lol::lol:

+3 I fish when the woman lets me, I can, or need to relax for a bit

Also hit the water whenever I can get the time. Like this past weekend... All indications were that the moon was all wrong for the fishing. The moon was up all morning until about lunch each day. My son and I went out. We caught a couple fish but damn, the fishing sucked. My son was like "because the moon is up in the middle of the day, the fish don't know whether its day or night". He's 4... And we still had fun.

It effects the fishing but doesn't effect whether I go or not.

If you do some research on muskie fishing and how it correlates to moon phases you should be able to find a lot of info on that subject. You should be able to translate that to bass fishing because they are probably the apex predator in the water like the muskies are here. But there is never a bad time to go fishing. A bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else!!!

Good luck Jeremy