❗️HELP❗️ROD SELECTION

i_dont_surf99

Hi guys I’m gonna keep it short and simple I need a rod to throw a Matt Lures Desd Twitch and other baits in that weight range COMFORTABLY. Comfortably in the sense that the rod won’t feel like it’s about to explode to a trillion pieces . Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Nameless 868 xxh is what I’m using for 11oz baits, don’t throw anything heavier than that. But that rod throws 7-11oz all day without issue 

I also used an F5 908 for the same bait ranges, was just too fast for my liking 

also loved the LDC xxh custom I had but felt it was maxed out around 9/10 Oz 

2 hours ago, chefchris said:

Nameless 868 xxh is what I’m using for 11oz baits, don’t throw anything heavier than that. But that rod throws 7-11oz all day without issue 

I also used an F5 908 for the same bait ranges, was just too fast for my liking 

also loved the LDC xxh custom I had but felt it was maxed out around 9/10 Oz 

Yeah I have an LDC Heavy and it feels like it maxes out at 3-4oz when it’s rated 2-7 kinda scary casting 250’s with it. I’ll definitely look into the nameless rods thanks man!

On 9/21/2022 at 5:21 PM, i_dont_surf99 said:

Yeah I have an LDC Heavy and it feels like it maxes out at 3-4oz when it’s rated 2-7 kinda scary casting 250’s with it. I’ll definitely look into the nameless rods thanks man!

If money isn’t a concern nameless is a great option. Full custom price but totally worth it in my opinion. I never thought I would need that but I find myself only wanting to fish my nameless rods lately because they are so light and sensitive with perfect actions. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 5:39 PM, Deadtwitchguy said:

Ldc XXH mod fast. Thats what I use. Rated to 16 oz it throws it great. Thats the reason I had it built. But it also will throw a mother chaser 22oz. You wont have an issue. 

I’m not looking for specifics but do you fish the 10” and 13” differently?