10.15 pound smallmouth on lake Erie

ZachThomas

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, basssavage24/7 said:

Does anyone know the dimensions of this Beast? Haven't seen anything about length and girth.

Yeah about 10, 10oz weights LoL .jk.... Amazing father n son Story!!! Once in a lifetime fish 

Didn't read the story, but is this resultant from the new forward sonar thingamajig? I'm a bankbeater so I'm not sure I even named it right, but on a conventional bass fishing site that sonar is causing MAJOR division; some guys think it's awesome, it's the future of fishing; other guys are like, "Pffft, I remember when you actually had to know how to fish to catch fish!!" The one thing they all agree on is that all the records are gonna be smashed  because of it. What says the swimbait world?

4 minutes ago, 168 Rookie said:

Didn't read the story, but is this resultant from the new forward sonar thingamajig? I'm a bankbeater so I'm not sure I even named it right, but on a conventional bass fishing site that sonar is causing MAJOR division; some guys think it's awesome, it's the future of fishing; other guys are like, "Pffft, I remember when you actually had to know how to fish to catch fish!!" The one thing they all agree on is that all the records are gonna be smashed  because of it. What says the swimbait world?

It’s nice if you can afford it gives you a big leap ahead of the game. But you still have to know how to get the fish to bite. I have never really used a fish finder at all, but the one time I have used them for big blues on a small lake, 50+ pounders. It sure did hurt when I positioned on top of them and threw every bait in the waters near me trying to get them to bite but nothing. I agree records are going to get blow out of the water imagine when they start taking all this technology to the hardly fished super remote ponds, lakes, rivers… that most people know nothing about.  Yeah it’s cool but it takes the challenge and hunt out of trying to catch these once in a life time fish. We should almost take a step back in technology. 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:23 PM, 168 Rookie said:

This fish was in fact the result of livescope.  I’ve watched a few interviews with these guys and the son hooked into a fish, saw the big one swimming around on screen and told his dad to toss something at it.  They didn’t know how big it was until it flopped on the deck though.  We still don’t know what it ate, but I bet it was a tube or small paddle tail. 

livescope is absolutely changing the game, and for the better in my opinion.  If it was truly “cheating” then just about anyone would be able to use it to their advantage with minimal effort, but that is not the case. Sure, there are some individuals that excel with the technology. Josh Jones pops into mind. That guy is on a tear, all due to livescope. Most don’t get that it takes a lot of skill to understand what you are seeing on screen. Not just what the image is, but what the image is describing to you - aka how to read the FISH.  The amount of people who can use the technology like Greg Galaghers son (forget his name) and Josh Jones can, is just so low that it doesn’t make an impact on fish.  The amount of time they put in with their electronics probably outweighs their time actually fishing, and that says a lot about their dedication. 

I love seeing how many more big fish we have been seeing in recent years because of it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/23/2022 at 6:58 PM, Hmoob said:

Yeah about 10, 10oz weights LoL .jk.... Amazing father n son Story!!! Once in a lifetime fish 

Finally found the measurements. Length 23-3/4 and girth is 19-3/8. The dale hollow record had a 27inch length, I couldn't find the exact girth number but obviously it was a 20 plus inch girth.