Mattlures contest winner is.......

Mattlures

I will throw another thing out there. Unlike MANY of the bigger bait makers out there, Matt will go out of his way to recommend another company's bait if that is the better tool for the job.

Perfect example is everyone's favorite lightning rod, 3:16. Other than the Hudd, how often have you ever seen Mickey recommend anything other than a 3:16 bait?

There is something to be said about being proud and confident in your baits. It's also another thing entirely to be so blinded that you can't see that a tool that doesn't come from your shop might be the best one for the job.

I like Matt. Always done right by me and I can't recall anyone ever badmouthing him for being a dick.

How about we look at this as a WELCOME ADDITION to the SBU site.

I agree with Wayne and the above mentioned post that Travis had. This forum has nothing to lose and everything to gain by being associated with quality people. That is what makes this forum unique! Just a noobs .02 ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of bait makers on this site, and several have done random giveaways, waiting lists, talked about their baits, etc. I imagine many have donated baits that I don't even know about, but Randall is the only one I was aware of going through the "official" original process. I personally don't care how many baits any of the baitmakers have or haven't donated. Baitmakers can be just regular swimbaiters too, and if spamming or anything else becomes a problem, I trust those who run the site to handle it.

Lots of bait makers on this site, and several have done random giveaways, waiting lists, talked about their baits, etc. I imagine many have donated baits that I don't even know about, but Randall is the only one I was aware of going through the "official" original process. I personally don't care how many baits any of the baitmakers have or haven't donated. Baitmakers can be just regular swimbaiters too, and if spamming or anything else becomes a problem, I trust those who run the site to handle it.

This

I just think fair is fair, if Matt followed the the same process as Randall, then good enough. Otherwise, IF the rules are still in place, they should be followed. I am just trying my best to keep this the UNDERGROUND.

I dont have a problem with you Matt, never did and never heard anything negative about you. I am just trying keep this a site for swimbaiters, not swimbait makers.

It was my understanding, that is what this forum was based on, lets keep it that way.

I agree with both you and Speed. Matt is a really cool guy, and makes some awesome baits. I just love me some underground.

I am working on it Ceaser. I am running behind and I actually just painted them last night. I am clearing them tonight and then they have to cure for a couple weeks. I will post pics soon :mrgreen: I am leaving to go go hunting in a week, for a week so I will ship it out when I get back. I should have done the contest after I had the baits finished but I honestly thought I would have it ready in time. Give me a couple days and I will post pics. I will let Seth pick which color he wants.

+1 to what everyone (mostly) has said. Matt is a good guy and I have never seen him immersed in the "drama" that many other makers have gotten into. I like that about a guy, being able to focus on the bait, rather than the whole drama stuff we all know too well. Sweet bait, I wanna see it! Need a Shiner Glide...... Put me on the list! 8-)

I will throw another thing out there. Unlike MANY of the bigger bait makers out there, Matt will go out of his way to recommend another company's bait if that is the better tool for the job.

Perfect example is everyone's favorite lightning rod, 3:16. Other than the Hudd, how often have you ever seen Mickey recommend anything other than a 3:16 bait?

There is something to be said about being proud and confident in your baits. It's also another thing entirely to be so blinded that you can't see that a tool that doesn't come from your shop might be the best one for the job.

I like Matt. Always done right by me and I can't recall anyone ever badmouthing him for being a dick.

How about we look at this as a WELCOME ADDITION to the SBU site.

Mickeys has recommended other baits bedsides hudds..you would probably be surprised at which bait he has recommended to me at least..

As far as Matt I think it's cool he's here and think he's went out of his way to give back