Deps 250 slide swimmer question

bassbass

The older 250's were different in weight, some were heavier some lighter

The butch tuned out of the box baits were all weighted the same and made them a lot more consistent after the butch baits came out it seemed the Deps started weighting them all to the butch weight so now they all swim about the same if its a newer Deps from Japan

Butch also does some crazy tuning to make floaters heavy floaters ROF 2's etc.

Hope this helps

It seemed to me that every stock slide swimmer I got would be a tad different sink rate(not that I had a ton, but the few I had were different sink rates), even more so when you start using different hooks. For me, I like the slowest sink rate I can get to keep it higher in the water column. My new favorite way to fish it is to pump the rod up high on each glide to get it to boil on top, then to jerk the rod tip down to bring it back down from the surface. Just seem to be getting a few more looks when I have done that lately.

If you can get ur hands on a butch tuned bait that barely sinks with regular hooks on it, try it out!! I throw ST-58's or ST-66's on them and it seems to be the perfect sink rate for me. Not too slow to keep it right on the surface like a heavy floater and not too fast, just right :D

Thanks again. Yes the hooks are diufferent. The carp has the feathers on the hooks.

I like to fish mine about 4 feet down with some long glides and stops.

I will get a better feel after I fish it from the Champion, not the Jon boat. Got a nude black coming soon....

If its the bb slide it should be one weight with the hooks out of the box. all the other slides from japan will vary in weight plus or minus 4-5 grams. this i the reason for some of the flash carps sinking faster ect. pm me if you would like more details.

If its the bb slide it should be one weight with the hooks out of the box. all the other slides from japan will vary in weight plus or minus 4-5 grams. this i the reason for some of the flash carps sinking faster ect. pm me if you would like more details.

Makes much more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up :D

It seemed to me that every stock slide swimmer I got would be a tad different sink rate(not that I had a ton, but the few I had were different sink rates), even more so when you start using different hooks. For me, I like the slowest sink rate I can get to keep it higher in the water column. My new favorite way to fish it is to pump the rod up high on each glide to get it to boil on top, then to jerk the rod tip down to bring it back down from the surface. Just seem to be getting a few more looks when I have done that lately.

If you can get ur hands on a butch tuned bait that barely sinks with regular hooks on it, try it out!! I throw ST-58's or ST-66's on them and it seems to be the perfect sink rate for me. Not too slow to keep it right on the surface like a heavy floater and not too fast, just right :D

i saw you mentioned st-58. the first time i read it, i assumed it was a typo. then i saw it again here.

why st-58 vs st-56? what are your thoughts? im using st-56 on all my baits. recently one bent out...

thanks in advance

Ive put both Flash carp and BB Trout (non tuned) on the scale. 6.5xx on the flash, 6.2x on the BB trout. Instead of relying or thinking about the tuned aspect of this bait. People should really find the cadence and retrieve. its what this bait does best to get bit, IMO.

Both catch fish and have caught fish.