Big swimbaits in lily pads

FLsharkman

I've got a pond by that's full of huge snook and bass but the only problem is that it's completely overgrown with lily pads. I'm looking for a weedless swimbait around 7-8 inches that I can work up top and fish on really heavy leader without losing action. Any suggestions?

Hey man! I'm pretty jealous of the snook population you have, and I don't have any experience with them so I cant recommend anything. But as far as the bass go, it sounds like a great place to throw the megabass magdraft. You can get the freestyle and rig it weedless, or (my personal favorite) get the 8" and take out the harness and rig it with a 8/0 beast hook. Good luck with those fish and I'd love to hear if you have success with those linesiders.

Scottsboro Tackle Company Fatty (10/0 Beast hook). The STC Fatty is a 6” bait but has a much bigger profile than the standard STC 6”. I love throwing it in and over the slop. I do use straight braid in those situations though. I prefer the 1/2oz weighted Beast hook unless I’m just fishing it on top of a solid Mat. I’ll go weightless and drag like a frog but allow it to sink into any holes or open areas with some slack line. Much cheaper than a Citizen and IMHO, much better hookup ratio. Especially in heavy vegetation. 

Dude seriously try the kitech 8 inch easy shiner or swing impact. They’re a bit expensive but absolutely incredible. I don’t have saltwater experience but they’re weedless with some of the best action you can ask for. The best action for me is when they fall to the bottom and the tail wags like crazy. 

Toxic frogs in both sizes, they get bit 

beast coast creep 6.5” bait, cheap lots of colors and like $11 for 2 baits. 

another option might be the jsj weedless rat. I never caught on it but owned a few, bet they’d work nicely over weeds