PPBOS

evans_usmc69

Or Post Personal Best Optimism Syndrome....I think we all get it but ever since I got the PB, I've been dying to get back out on the water! I ended up having a decent day overall.

The day started out right, as I was driving to my spot, seen 2 bald eagles flying low along the lake. I could never see too many of those creatures and seen another one later as well! Seeing those made my day alone! Got to my first spot where I had lost a possible PB a few weeks ago and got bit on the Deps 250 Shuddertail. Thought it might of been the big girl at first, but quickly found out it wasn't. Not gonna post the video for now, she was barely hooked and there is way too much ass in the video :lol::lol:

I threw a 9" slammer for a bit and picked up a 1-1.5lb smallie but very few followers. Once it hit 1-2pm, the wind started to pick up a tad so I got out the Deps 250. Had some nice followers in the 6-7 range, but I kept running out of real estate, even though I was trying to make the longest cast I could. I finally hooked up with a 2-3lb largemouth that bit it at a pretty fast reel.

Nearing the end of the day, went to another favorite spot of mine where I caught a 6lb 7oz largemouth on my 3:16 8" FS Floater Dark Trout last year. Lake is a lot lower now though and most of the tree was out of water. Decided to hit it at a different angle today and got rewarded for it with a 5lbs 6oz largemouth. Thought she was a lot bigger when she bit(PPBOS!!!) :D

5lbers are definitely fun to catch, but I'm ready to get back in the hunt for a DD :lol::lol:

I really need to throw my Deps 250's a little more than I do. I just haven't had any luck even with followers on them so they've kind of taken a back seat to some of my other favorites. I know my waters have quality fish but I think I just need to spend more time experimenting with the baits to find out how to get their interest!

Great catches even if they weren't "exactly" what you were looking for! I think we're always in the hunt for that DD!!

Those are some great pictures Travis. Beautiful lake. That last pic is what does it for me. The view from the drivers seat of the boat... all your troubles just go away at that moment. I so desperately need to get out :)

Thanks guys :D

Nice fish. Looks like your pliers are a little rusty. haha

Yeah just a tad :lol:

Psssh any set of pliers it takes two hands to open, is a good set of pliers!

I prefer rusted over cobalt pliers...with them being rusted over, you can be precise and not open them too much..... :lol::lol: