Buyers Beware—Shimano/Jackall Swimbaits

JigHook

Neither the Shimano Armajoint or the Jackall Blast Bone have replacement tails available in the United States.  Both these baits are distributed through Shimano.  I called Shimano and was told that they have no way of getting me replacement tails for my bone blast.  Another user here emailed them asking about the Armajoint tails and was told that they were “not selling that product anymore.” Figured this thread might stop others from getting stuck with a bait that requires an improvised tail.

That's pretty unfortunate, good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Would a riser jack tail fit in the armajoint? They look similar and may be worth a shot if you are stuck with the Shimano bait.

I can also imagine a fella could buy an armajoint off Amazon, mold the tail, and then return the bait within 30 days for free, if they are plastisol.

https://www.amazon.com/SHIMANO-ARMAJOINT-190SF-Flash-Boost/dp/B0BG2RP44L/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1INM88QCIZKOH&keywords=shimano+armajoint&qid=1675738901&sprefix=shimano+arma%2Caps%2C382&sr=8-2

Edited by hydrocephalic

Banderuola makes some tails that look similar in shape to what I see on images of the Blast Bone. But I don’t own one so I don’t know enough about the thickness or length to match up the size on a Jackall BB with the tail selection below. But either way, pretty crappy to put a bait on the market without offering a replacement tail. 

https://www.banderuola.design/shop?lang=en

Japanimporttackle has two local spots here in northern Illinois and has the ability to import from Japan. Lee is a great guy to deal with and I’m imagining will try and have the shimano bait in his store so he will for certain be inquiring about replacement parts. He had jackal Japan products in store as well so again he might be your guy. He’s on ig as well