Trout project

Swimb8ting_TheSouth

On 3/30/2023 at 6:28 AM, Swimb8ting_TheSouth said:

Having vents in your mold really helps, and shaking the mold while it’s curing. Or maybe your material has gone bad, hope that helps, good luck 

Appreciate it, I’ll try adding more vents in my next mold. My material should be ok as it’s fairly new 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It’s been a while, getting the bait to swim how I want has been a hassle. But after a lot of fine tuning and tweaking the swim is much closer to my expectations. Getting the bait to burn was the biggest problem. But I finally got around to painting up a perch. Let me know your thoughts. Threadfin is next ;)

IMG_2381.jpeg

14 hours ago, Hoosier_Hawgz said:

Those are some fine looking baits! I can only hope that one day I’ll have painting skills that are comparable to yours. 

Just keep on grinding man, I’ve been making bait since I was 12 and back then I was super happy with my paint. Now that I look back I can see how much my skills have improved. And I’m still learning and will always keep on learning. Just enjoy the process and have fun. 
here’s the my take on the thread fin paint, I also did a foiled green gizzard that I’ll post pics when it’s cleared 

also I haven’t mentioned it but take a look at my bait making ig @build.a.bait.workshop 

IMG_2384.jpeg

14 hours ago, Swimb8ting_TheSouth said:

Just keep on grinding man, I’ve been making bait since I was 12 and back then I was super happy with my paint. Now that I look back I can see how much my skills have improved. And I’m still learning and will always keep on learning. Just enjoy the process and have fun. 
here’s the my take on the thread fin paint, I also did a foiled green gizzard that I’ll post pics when it’s cleared 

also I haven’t mentioned it but take a look at my bait making ig @build.a.bait.workshop 

IMG_2384.jpeg

Thanks for the words of advice! My first time trying out my airbrush was the other day on the small glide bait that I’ve been posting about on here, and I realized I’ve got alot of work to do before I’m happy with my painting abilities. 

And that threadfin looks sweet!

Great looking threadfin! Very clean work. That color scheme just looks like it should catch fish! There are so many good baitfish patters, this profile seems to wear them all well.

I second your point about growth over time. It takes time to master anything, and there is always room for growth. I love looking at the work folks on here do. It reminds me how farive got to growand also helps me imagine what is possible. Truly great stuff from so many artistic lure makers.