Let's see your boats! Big boat or small boat, paddleboard or pontoon.

justintrask

1BC047EA-9CD3-45C1-A2A1-62A7DEC5B2B1.thumb.jpeg.51f67e335538c3d7e700f1819a1f5814.jpegThe newest baby in our family,  2023 Lund Impact. 250hp Mercury, 15hp Honda kicker, our multi species slayer. Received October of last year, we’ve already hit Striper boils, crappie piles, and banged the banks. If I could do it again I wouldn’t do it any other way. Sold a 2005 Lund with a 50hp to help finance…

what are peoples experiences with the smaller pelican bass raider type boats or pond prowlers? i’m saving up here soon to get one and am curious. how long can you fish with the trolling motor for on each trip? also how far do people usually go with them from the launch?

After beating the bank for years, I jumped into the kayak game in 2020. Bought a Vibe Sea Ghost 110.  Added a homemade crate and Garmin 4cv which helped me maps some local spots and find schools of smallies on bigger bodies of water. Unfortunately my back has had enough of yak fishing so I’ve been looking to upgrade. She is stable but not enough for standing (in my opinion, I know others do). I spend more time paddling and positioning than fishing. Having two young kids, my time is limited as it is so time on the water is a premium.  

She been a good little “boat” and I’ve had my share of sleigh rides in her. IMG_0584.thumb.jpeg.c61e0d7455461240dcd28b672873a59a.jpegIMG_5369.thumb.jpeg.d4ddf7dd3e952e1352ee9825963234c4.jpeg

Currently doing a resto on a 1987 16' Bomber Cougar w/ a 50hp Merc and 40lb Minnkota. Stripped it down. New starter/solenoid got the motor running. Just finished the gelcoat restore last weekend. Will be applying protech mat on the decks this weekend and hopefully carpeted by the end of the month!

IMG_0233.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 5:23 AM, urbanhick said:

Are you out on quabbin often? I go every week out of gate 43.

I got as often as I can, so at least once a week.  I live about 20 minutes from 43, but it’s my least favorite launch.  They really need to pave that road 

On 7/5/2023 at 1:38 PM, BassinMass978 said:

I got as often as I can, so at least once a week.  I live about 20 minutes from 43, but it’s my least favorite launch.  They really need to pave that road 

43 road is far more doable than the 2 miles of dust and tire flattening rock on the gate 8 road. 43 road will be getting redone this year, just the end and the beginning though middle is still good.

On 6/10/2023 at 9:36 PM, chrisx.777 said:

what are peoples experiences with the smaller pelican bass raider type boats or pond prowlers? i’m saving up here soon to get one and am curious. how long can you fish with the trolling motor for on each trip? also how far do people usually go with them from the launch?

I use a motorguide XI5 to move my pond prowler around, That runs off a 65AH lithium battery, I only use it on small under 100 acre ponds and have never had an issue with run time and if it does become an issue I could always paddle the boat back.

Haven't taken the boat out since #2 was born at the end up April, so picked up a myboat inflatable SUP - been out on it twice already on small waters for a couple hours each and absolutely love this thing. Went with the MYBOAT since it was the widest I could find - I can comfortably stand up, sit down, sit with my legs hanging off of one side, and kneel with no problem at all and barely any water getting on the board. Super stable board, and no BIG fish yet, but swimbait bites sure are fun on these things.

PXL_20230625_173256213.MP.jpg

Snapchat-677770620.jpg

Paddleboard.jpg

WakeWalker.jpg

Snapchat-1419452275.jpg

On 7/6/2023 at 6:20 PM, urbanhick said:

43 road is far more doable than the 2 miles of dust and tire flattening rock on the gate 8 road. 43 road will be getting redone this year, just the end and the beginning though middle is still good.

Haha, Yea you need a pressure wash after leaving 8 but at least it doesn’t beat up my trailer… my boats a little big for it.  

Gate 31 is where I venture 90% of the time. Perfectly paved road, 2 separate ramps, a 3rd ramp for the retention pond, access to shallow or deep, grass or no grass.  It’s worth the drive.