Hello from Mass!

Swimbaiter23

I just joined and am from Mass. I am here to learn more about swimbait fishing. I want to know what rod under 200 dollars would be good for swimbait fishing. I'm think either mojo or okuma guide select. Thanks

you've come to the right place. urbanhick and dsouth are always KILLING it and they're from MA. as far as a rod for under $200... sdbaybassman has a low down custom xh for sale in the black market section for under 200. he is a killer dude and that is supposed to be a great rod!

Welcome buddy... I suggest starting with some ms slammers! go 9" all day, good bait that works well at a solid price!

as far as a rod, I woudnt go nuts and buy the best thing going, you might not like swimbaiting (idk how you wouldn't! but just saying :P ) you can get cheaper rods at bass pro, then once you get comfortable with what baits you wanna fish you can select a better quality rod and roll with it depending on what you like

just my opinion!

welcome

Welcome buddy... I suggest starting with some ms slammers! go 9" all day, good bait that works well at a solid price!

as far as a rod, I woudnt go nuts and buy the best thing going, you might not like swimbaiting (idk how you wouldn't! but just saying :P ) you can get cheaper rods at bass pro, then once you get comfortable with what baits you wanna fish you can select a better quality rod and roll with it depending on what you like

just my opinion!

welcome

I agree 100%. I still use my Mojo and Crucial regularly. I would add one or two other baits to the mix alongside the slammer, such as an 8" wood Lunker Punker, an 8-10" Triple Trout, a Hudd, and maybe a rat bait such as the Morning Wood 3 piece.