swimbait reels?

GaBoy

Hard to beat a Curado 300e for those baits, I'd think. If you buy thru ebay, you can find 'em NIB in the $180 range. I usually buy my Curados from Ohyasales. Never had any probs with that guy and I've always gotten my reels within 2-3 days. He has immaculate feedback.

just dont get the 250 luna.. nothing but problems.. I have two of them, first the spool ring falls off (that metal/chrome ring around the spool) then one reel goes into free spool whenever you put a quick load on it (like popping the wake jr or slapping the freestyle) Then It locked up and casted off my sinking freestyle perch. Then the other reel goes into free-spool when ever it wants.. I send them both back last season, they "fix" them free of charge.. okay I'm happy.. went out with one of them for maybe the 4th trip of the season last friday and it goes into free spool while fighting a 4lb fish on the rising son.. I practically had to hand line it in.. I tested it a few times and felt okay, take a cast, locks up and there goes my rising son.. If I didn't care about pollution I would have thrown it as far as I could into the lake.. I'm done with Daiwa for any type of swimbait reel.. (well maybe not the Pluton, haven't had a chance to really fish with it yet but it feels like a tank)

I've a luna 300 that I've used HARD the last couple years with no problems but the problems you've had with your 250 are well known luna problems in the musky world. My next round swimbait real will be a shimano.

I've a luna 300 that I've used HARD the last couple years with no problems but the problems you've had with your 250 are well known luna problems in the musky world. My next round swimbait real will be a shimano.

Yeah I have the 300 as well and no problems.. I wish I would have known about these POS reels before I bought a pair and a pair of spare spools.. I can't even sell them knowing how bad they are..

just dont get the 250 luna.. nothing but problems.. I have two of them, first the spool ring falls off (that metal/chrome ring around the spool) then one reel goes into free spool whenever you put a quick load on it (like popping the wake jr or slapping the freestyle) Then It locked up and casted off my sinking freestyle perch. Then the other reel goes into free-spool when ever it wants.. I send them both back last season, they "fix" them free of charge.. okay I'm happy.. went out with one of them for maybe the 4th trip of the season last friday and it goes into free spool while fighting a 4lb fish on the rising son.. I practically had to hand line it in.. I tested it a few times and felt okay, take a cast, locks up and there goes my rising son.. If I didn't care about pollution I would have thrown it as far as I could into the lake.. I'm done with Daiwa for any type of swimbait reel.. (well maybe not the Pluton, haven't had a chance to really fish with it yet but it feels like a tank)

Just got a Pluton a few weeks ago and been fishing up to 8" baits on it. So far so good, cant put it down :lol:

The silver Curado 300 DHSV from the year before the greens are a good option too. You can find them new on fleabay or used on various boards in your price range.

Ill throw out another vote for the curado 300. Plus its shimano and you cant beat there CS. Another one of my favorite reels although I dont even know if they still make it is the older Quantum Cabo Pt's. Ive had mine for probally around 6 years now and its never let me down. In salt or fresh. Plus there pretty cheap now.