Serious Glide bait ?

Born 2 fish

I don’t fish glide baits nearly enough all I have are a bunch of S Wavers 168 & 200s and 3 shine and glide. Here’s my thoughts I’m thinking about selling all of my cheaper glides and just buying 3 expensive ones to focus on. What should I buy I want to keep it 3oz and under. I was already thinking about a bullshad glide. I would really like a KGB Crappie but they are a little too big for my gear.

5 minutes ago, Jean-Luc said:

Catch 5 - 10 fish on your S-Wavers and then see if you want to buy any new ones, JMO

I’ve been trying them on and off for a few years I’ve caught 2 dinks on the 168. Nothing on the 200. I actually fished a 168 today for a few hours not even a follower.

If you aren't catching fish on the cheap stuff, expensive and fancy baits won't fix your problem. If you don't throw them much it is likely that glides just aren't your thing.

Granted, in saying this, I do despise the S-waver 168. It is one of my least favorite baits to fish. If you want to experiment more with glides keep it cheaper, I really like the Jerry Rago Thunderhawk Cha Cha glide. It is $16 so it is very inexpensive and you can really see if glides are something that will fit into your arsenal.

19 minutes ago, B_larkin3 said:

I’d say try a megabass I slide 185 or Gancraft 178. They won’t hurt as bad when you lose them and they catch fish. 

+1 on the jointed claw 178. My first glide bait fish was on a 178. If you really want to get a premium bait I’d suggest the bgc 7” Shad glide. I think it’s about 2.5oz. It does everything.  He has a pre order open right now so you can contact him via social media to order one. 

6 hours ago, CG_Fishes said:

If you aren't catching fish on the cheap stuff, expensive and fancy baits won't fix your problem. If you don't throw them much it is likely that glides just aren't your thing.

Granted, in saying this, I do despise the S-waver 168. It is one of my least favorite baits to fish. If you want to experiment more with glides keep it cheaper, I really like the Jerry Rago Thunderhawk Cha Cha glide. It is $16 so it is very inexpensive and you can really see if glides are something that will fit into your arsenal.

I also was pretty disappointed with the swaver 168. There are tons of other abs plastic options nowadays at a similar price with better handling.

If your looking for a smaller glide that glides all mentioned above are not really true glides. More of a jerk bait type glides. Its just the nature of the beast with smaller baits. 

Get a Tiny Klash. You will hate it but learn to love it. Its light, and flat out catches fish. The magnum shine glides are also a great bait to throw, and a plethora of color choices.

I mostly throw my own baits these dys but still find myself picking up a TK here and there to find fish in a tough dry spell.

The only way i ever caught fish on the 168 was fishing it like a jerkbait.  It doesn't really glide like the 200.  My go to glides are the bgc 7" and the 316 workhorse.   If you want to see if glides are your thing i would go with the rago  cha cha, gan craft 178, and swaver 200.