What bait gave you the greatest high

Scottieb

Whats up SU?

For me...Swimbaits have turned into an addiction.

This year was my first year throwing Swimbaits 100% of the time.

I wanted to know what bait gave you the greatest high on a catch?

For me its the deps 250ss . Not a giant catch but a really good feeling knowing first hand that they hit a 10" bait up in the NorthEast.

20131102_154031_43379_zps4e196a32.jpg

A little PT R+D early morning buzz photo for you Scottie. :D Double deep PT + suspending PT are going to be great late fall and early spring baits.

Dan. Your a great salesman.Theres no doubt that you catch giant bass up here in the Northeast.. Im pretty sure you could catch a giant on a shoelace.Im not saying that pat doesn't make a great bait. I've seen some big bass on his baits. Not only from you but other locals. The new body style looks nice. Ill be by dans bait and tackle this winter to see whats up for grabs and pick your brain.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up SU?

For me...Swimbaits have turned into an addiction.

This year was my first year throwing Swimbaits 100% of the time.

I wanted to know what bait gave you the greatest high on a catch?

For me its the deps 250ss . Not a giant catch but a really good feeling knowing first hand that they hit a 10" bait up in the NorthEast.

20131102_154031_43379_zps4e196a32.jpg

A little PT R+D early morning buzz photo for you Scottie. :D Double deep PT + suspending PT are going to be great late fall and early spring baits.

Dan. Your a great salesman.Theres no doubt that you catch giant bass up here in the Northeast.. Im pretty sure you could catch a giant on a shoelace.Im not saying that pat doesn't make a great bait. I've seen some big bass on his baits. Not only from you but other locals. The new body style looks nice. Ill be by dans bait and tackle this winter to see whats up for grabs and pick your brain.

:D Come on Man :D

I think you sold more IRODS than TWH this year. :mrgreen:

Hard to say... it's like trying to pick your favorite song; it all depends on the mood you're in I guess. TT's, BAA floater, 10 Real Prey, 7.5" rat, and the 8" Hudd all have a place on my favorites playlist. Each bite is intense but I think the Hudd gets me GEEKED the most. It's almost boring to fish at times but when it gets bit there is a chemical reaction that takes place and instantly I'm jacked and dialed in. There is also that split second with a Hudd where you don't know what size fish you are dealing with yet... "could it be the big one?" goes through my head immediately after setting the hook every time.

Speedbead, awesome H.L. Mencken quote!

I personally haven't caught anything on a 250 yet. My first trip out on my first bass boat for northerns produced some nice follows. I look at the follows as a good thing to come once I'm able to dial in my retrieve to get bit. I'm high off the thought of being able to chase fish in general on my first actual boat, I've been fishing from my 9' inflatable pontoon.

My greatest high from a bait has been sticking my biggest pond bass on 6" weedless hudds. I bounce mine off the bottom and treat them like jigs. Something about that hudd/jig bite when you feel that thud and you get to just absolutely hammer the fish. I could only imagine what it's like doing that to a 15# bass.

Definitely a Hiroshima glide stuck numerous fish over 8lbs on it, and a lot of nice smallies too including a PB it was the first glide I started fishing and has shown me state record class fish and caught a lot of quality also!

I'm a sucker for a hudd bite though, caught my pb largemouth on a hudd and every time I get a big thump I feel like its my first bite all over again :D .

I can't hate on ospreys either, too much quality, too much quantity, I'll always have a soft spot for them.

Those three baits get me jacked! I plan to keep working with the deps 250, already dumped two personal best smallies and caught some smaller fish, it's definitely something that has the potential to catch me giant largies and smallies and will probably be on the list in the near future!

Every time I throw the 250 I'm hoping for that 5-7 lb smallie come out of the depths and crush it..... Only followers, but mostly all smallies which is encouraging atleast.

To answer the question, Floater 8" Trout. Watched a 5.5lb smallie come up and destroy it while just deadsticking zoning out and looking around. Watched this sucker come clear out of the water like an episode of shark week. Sat there for a second and asked myself "Is this real life?".

Just being on the water with my PP.........

I too like being on the water with my PP.....

Oh you meant Pats Perch! Yea wish I could try one for some stripahs and lahgies down here!

And I have to say any sinking bait. That moment when the unknown crushes whatever you're throwing is irreplaceable