What quad hooks do you guys use?

ThatKidInNY

decoy, model X-S21 in sizes 1-2/0 depending on the bait, hiroshima runs them as stock hooks on most of his baits. They make great stinger hooks for soft baits too 

ryugi pierce quad swivel hooks in sizes 1-2/0, i run them on the drt joker after i dropped a few fish on standard hooks, also a nice hook for the slammer 

think those are the only two brands out there 

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Decoy/catpage-DCOY.html

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ryugi_Pierce_Quad_Swivel_Eye_Hook_2pk/descpage-RPQSE.html

19 minutes ago, chefchris said:

decoy, model X-S21 in sizes 1-2/0 depending on the bait, hiroshima runs them as stock hooks on most of his baits. They make great stinger hooks for soft baits too . 

Thanks Chris! I think I’ll try out the decoys because the price point. Thanks for the knowledge as always! 

@ThatKidInNY curious as to why you think you need quads on a TK - I really haven’t had any problems keeping fished pinned on TK’s

i tried quads on other baits and for me it was a pain - just another hook point to stab me or get tangled in my net. 

But if you wanna try some DM me your address and I’ll shoot you these to try. 

10BF8E18-7C8A-4B4F-A244-D308CFBEF505.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

@ThatKidInNY curious as to why you think you need quads on a TK - I really haven’t had any problems keeping fished pinned on TK’s

i tried quads on other baits and for me it was a pain - just another hook point to stab me or get tangled in my net. 

Pm’ed you on IG

15 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

Are those the swivel ones?

6 hours ago, Jim137a said:

Ive tried those ryugi quads and i can say that I much prefer decoy quads. I had a fish bend our one of those ryugis however with decoy I haven't had any trouble. plus I like the way that that the decoys suck up to the bait when int he water.

1 minute ago, Bonzo said:

Ive tried those ryugi quads and i can say that I much prefer decoy quads. I had a fish bend our one of those ryugis however with decoy I haven't had any trouble. plus I like the way that that the decoys suck up to the bait when int he water.

however I totally get sticking to trebles.  

• 2 weeks later...