HPH Gliding Gizzard

Spectrum

It's a good looking mold of a gizzard shad, but let's be honest here, that paint job is awful. Anyone with an airbrush can do that. If I was going to pay $150+ for a bait, I'd at least like a baitmaker to have skills painting and take his time on the paint... It looks like he's added a purple hue to the new batch, guess that's better??

It's a good looking mold of a gizzard shad, but let's be honest here, that paint job is awful. Anyone with an airbrush can do that. If I was going to pay $150+ for a bait, I'd at least like a baitmaker to have skills painting and take his time on the paint... It looks like he's added a purple hue to the new batch, guess that's better??

Get your hands on one, and try and tell me you've seen a more realistic shad paint job than that.

Based on what you are saying it sounds like you have never seen a shad in person.

Based on what you are saying it sounds like you have never seen a shad in person.

+1

There is more of the purple hue on this batch but it was because person after person requested it. They proabably know something some people don't to ask for it over and over. I personaly paint mine with a little less but it's still kind of funny that a person would say it doesn't look like a shad. I have actually gone to the point of taking the time of learning in depth how pigments work in shad and herring which ones are expressed and how at what times to match the colors exactly. Why? Because I have little or no natural artistic talent at all but have much more knowledge of science biology and how things work on a scientific basis. if you showed that bait to my art teachers I had in school they would tell you there is no way I painted it. If I told my AP biology hs teacher or college professors they would be proud. LOL. But the bait works better with those colors at the times fish tend to be more selective. I understand that and why. Much more important to understand that than to make an underperforming bait with some "art" on it that matters none to a fish. That's how I see it anyway.

3 posts. Way to start off strong... :roll:

There is more of the purple hue on this batch but it was because person after person requested it. They proabably know something some people don't to ask for it over and over. I personaly paint mine with a little less but it's still kind of funny that a person would say it doesn't look like a shad. I have actually gone to the point of taking the time of learning in depth how pigments work in shad and herring which ones are expressed and how at what times to match the colors exactly. Why? Because I have little or no natural artistic talent at all but have much more knowledge of science biology and how things work on a scientific basis. if you showed that bait to my art teachers I had in school they would tell you there is no way I painted it. If I told my AP biology hs teacher or college professors they would be proud. LOL. But the bait works better with those colors at the times fish tend to be more selective. I understand that and why. Much more important to understand that than to make an underperforming bait with some "art" on it that matters none to a fish. That's how I see it anyway.

Randall, you don't need to defend yourself against this guy. He's either trolling to stir the pot or just butt-hurt because he missed signing up on the wait list or doesn't want to wait period

Randall, you don't need to defend yourself against this guy. He's either trolling to stir the pot or just butt-hurt because he missed signing up on the wait list or doesn't want to wait period

+1

You need to check your meds bruh. Or maybe find some prescript glasses.

Troll alert. Probably Bucca himself or one of his cronies.

post-91-14253006555974_thumb.jpg

I understand the biology of fish. Happy to see you do too. That's what we want in baitmakers. But, the layers and paint depth you speak of is very simple and doesn't take "skill". Notice in the picture I've attached that this is how a gizzard shad head looks. The larger the gizzard shad, the more predominant this is, and at 9 inches, your gliding gizzard would benefit by having these marks . At least you have admitted that you're not an artist... with the air brush anyways. I understand the intricacies in a realistic paint job are difficult to do. The realism in your bait come from your molded shad body, not the paintjob, tho the simple paint job will get the job done. But myself, I want these intricacies that you are lacking. And I hope you have at least molded the fish yourself. You have talent in knowing how/what to present to fish. I just want to see more in the paint job, that's all I'm trying to convey here, especially for the price point. I mean for this to be constructive criticism.

And dear god am I no Bullshad nut hugger. I don't have the time or care to get into how awful those baits are. I am just a fellow bait enthusiast with appreciation for realistic fishing lures.

post-3768-14253006556931_thumb.jpg