Best knot for big bait?

Mattyboy45

Double Palomar for braid. Use diego jam styles and you will break or slip off on braid.

Diego jam FTW on mono, flouro.

Have you had that many incidences with the san diego Jam knot? I use that knot for everything... just curious

So far so good. Been using it constantly for over 4-5 years now. quickest knot to tie for me. Any knot i have to spend more than 15-20 seconds on, ill reconsider

I used a improved clinch for 99.9 % the 1% is the SD Jam . The clinch is the lazy mans knot but it works. Although I don't use braid at all on big baits. 30# PF for most sinking baits over 8".

Just curious, what is the 1% of the time that you use the SD jam over improved clinch? I used to use improved clinch, but switched to the SD jam knot

I used a improved clinch for 99.9 % the 1% is the SD Jam . The clinch is the lazy mans knot but it works. Although I don't use braid at all on big baits. 30# PF for most sinking baits over 8".

This. Learned it on the ocean 35 years ago. Old habits are hard to break. No braid for me, can't stand the sound of it coming through the guides.

ive been using 25# pf and dig it. also been using 25# maxima and love it lol that being said i use the same know for everything! i know it as a shark knot but i believe its just a double trilene knot. never had one issue with it. i will use a double SD jam and it is an awesome knot if you tie it right but make sure to wet the line good before cinching it down. if i have any kind of sketchy feeling about my knot or if it burns the main line while cinching i will cut it off and retie. my knots have to be perfect. funny cus im not ocd but that makes me feel like i am haha sorry about your bait man.

Improved Clinch for me. Easy to tie, have never broken off a fish due to a knot when using this.

Just curious, what is the 1% of the time that you use the SD jam over improved clinch? I used to use improved clinch, but switched to the SD jam knot

If I ever tie a swivel I use the jam knot.

Improved Clinch for me. Easy to tie, have never broken off a fish due to a knot when using this.

Ditto. Never!

• 6 years later...