Smallie PB

chefchris

Got out Monday morning around 4:30AM, super foggy and pretty windy. Thought it was going to be an epic trip due to the amount of fish actively feeding and chasing trout. fish breaking all around, thru everything at em and not even a tap. moved around quite a bit, think its more frustrating when they're feeding and you can't catch em then when you cant see/hear em! 

around 6AM changed sides of the lake to another stretch that always produces. casted the zfg thundermouth crankdown out along the backside of this big rock and it got hammered immediately. fish didn't fight much until it got near the boat and then it tried to take off. quick net job and some pics. 

fish had a super fat belly and awesome build and great markings (these little white spots on the gill plates on both sides) tail is crazy wide (see pics) 

fish went 3lbs 10oz beating my old pb by 1oz, funny thing is every time I beat the old pb its always 1oz more and maybe even crazier is all of my pbs have come from this lake and this exact spot (like within 10ft of each other) 

hoping i can find the elusive 5lb smallie there one day, but ill take slowly upgrading the pb if that's what it takes. 

smallie board.jpg

smallie net.jpg

smallie pb23.jpg