Which Reel? Lexa or Curado

banks customs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings... I may have been drinking last night :lol: I little ribbing shouldn't get your feathers so rustled. Make sure you read the thread below and remember that this forum is a put up or shut up type of place! Welcome!

And your last post is a better type of answer!

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings... I may have been drinking last night :lol: I little ribbing shouldn't get your feathers so rustled. Make sure you read the thread below and remember that this forum is a put up or shut up type of place! Welcome!

And your last post is a better type of answer!

\

dude my first post was the right type of answer when I simply agreed with another member then you started in...... Anyway glad to be here, this was just the type of forum I've been looking for!!

Don't buy a Daiwa. You will regret it.

Out of curiosity, why do you say that? all my daiwa reels perform awesome and I have had 1 issue(I have about 17 Daiwa's and 8 Shimano's, ) The only issue I have ever had with a Daiwa reel is my pluton, the spool doesn't always re-engage after making a cast, i just have to send it to Daiwa and they said they will fix it.

I think if you are going to stick with well know brands, Daiwa and Shimano are at the top of the food chain imo.

Now quantum and abu on the other seem to be very inconsistent; i have had durability and performance issues with both companies.

Out of curiosity, why do you say that? all my daiwa reels perform awesome and I have had 1 issue(I have about 17 Daiwa's and 8 Shimano's, ) The only issue I have ever had with a Daiwa reel is my pluton, the spool doesn't always re-engage after making a cast, i just have to send it to Daiwa and they said they will fix it.

I think if you are going to stick with well know brands, Daiwa and Shimano are at the top of the food chain imo.

Now quantum and abu on the other seem to be very inconsistent; i have had durability and performance issues with both companies.

From experience, otherwise why would I make such a reply. :roll: I have had a coastal, zillion coastal, and a pluton. Just the repairs on these coast me more than a toro i have had for years and is still working like new. A very expensive lesson learned.

From experience, otherwise why would I make such a reply. :roll:

:o sorry for asking for details :roll:

Daiwa and shimano are both great companys, ive had some daiwa reels that are over 20 years old that have never been professionally serviced that still work great. I own both lexa and curado reels. Imo the curado is a slightly better reel as for as preformance, its also much more expensive. But I like the lexa just as much and probably use it more than the curado. People have mentioned the "looks" of the reels. I think both have attractive designs to them. But if I had to choose one of the two based one looks, (which I would never do) it would be the lexa. I just cannot get over the green color of the curado. To me the gray of the lexa is a much better color. I wish they still made the curado in they grayish/silverish color of the dsv.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the passionate responses.

I needed a new reel for my Loomis Big Bait GL2 Casting 8' Hvy BBR964C

I had just moved my Calcutta 400 TE to my new LDC XH. Was getting inflamed elbow from chucking the deps 250 on the former Loomis setup.

Got a LEXA out of the sales bin at Soprt Chalet for 175$

Gonna use the Lexa/Loomis for Hudd Deluxe and top waters.

Thanks again.