Strangest thing's you've came across while fishing?

colbypearson

Wow some crazy stories! At this one public lake i fish at I usually go early in the morning before work.  Every day around 6:45 am this guy will stop at a small bridge, do some hip twists, touch his toes, look around and then proceed to pull his junk out and piss in the woods, right next to the parking lot.  If I am close enough I usually start fishing where he intends to go so that he moves along.  Sometimes he goes right there feet away from me.  Just strange.  Have seen a dead bloated goat before also at a reservoir, unfortunately for my nose, the fishing was really good downwind of it so I just sucked it up and kept catching fish. 

• 2 weeks later...

I once saw a couple getting down in a small boat in a cove while night fishing. The funny thing about it is when I heard the noises, I naturally shined the light towards the noise and what do I see? A chick with two huge "pillows" (keeping in G rated) rocking the boat. I ended up leaving the cove since I figured they scared off the fish.  :shock:  :-P

Me and my friend are fishing on the river  for pike, cats, and smallies near our houses, about a mile down the road. Recently, someone had put up a "no trespassing" on a tree. We had been going to this spot for about a year now and didn't plan on stopping now. It didn't make much sense for it to be private either, the river was less than 50 feet from the road, there are no houses on that land or across the road. It was just a bit past sun down when a car pulls up. Either we were about to get cussed of their land or someone else was looking for some kitty cats. I started packing up when I saw 2 dudes walking down without rods because I knew what was coming. Turns out they were just checking out the place to see if the could launch their kayaks easily the next morning. I told them that it'd be pretty easy but to watch out for the drop off, that i had parked my boat there to pee before, and about the fishing on the river, as well as showing off a photo of a nice cat i had caught about a week prior. As we're talking, 2 cars come ripping off the road and into a mud trail that was completely swamped from recent flooding, and i mean tearing off the road going at least 30 mph into pure mud. How these guys didn't get stuck is beyond me, but they turned around and did it once more, coming from the other direction. Not sure what on earth these guys were doing but i was just glad that we could finish our fishing without being kicked out.

It's about 5:30 morning. Went to a pond with my uncle and brother right on the other side of a damn at a local reservoir. Sun just creeping up and we have to scale down jumping from rock to rock. We get to the opening of the spillway and split direction. My bro takes one side (just next to the spillway), my uncle follows me, I see a prime Boulder that sticks out just beyond a bluff, around 30 yards away. But I have to sift though some cattails and hop rocks to post up. As I'm committed, my uncle lagging to keep up, to climb down I hear my bro yelling at the top of his lungs. "BOBCAT" "BOBCAT"! I'm looking around, I see nothing cause I'm half way through these messy Cattails. My uncle is lighting a smoke, he can't hear for ish! I crest out of the cattail tooly and it's a mountain lion!!!! No bobcat here brother! I'm frozen and try to yell but no words.... This lion lunges down and jumps right over me, scales this rock face in a matter of seconds to where my uncle is on the fire road, nearly knocks him over and the lion is gone up a heavily tree cover hillside! We were left in amazement that we weren't a easy breakfast for this beast. Took a deep breath in the silence, until we could get words to come out. 15 minutes go by and we are shooting the ish about how scared and lucky we got. To finally fish this shookin up little pond. Was a day to remember and really reminisce on how each day could be your last! We got on some decent Largies and will talk about this experience for the rest of our lives.

Got a couple... 

Growing up in Arkansas, my father and I would hike around the far side of the lake we lived on. We were about 2 miles in, and came across an open field, we cut across it and a dude pops out of some knee high grass with an AR pointed right at us. Dude looked like a former meth head... he asked us what were were doing.. we said sorry, just out hiking, and peaced out.  The area has problem with meth. I assume the dude was protecting his meth lab.

Same area in Arkansas, we were wade fishing a creek. I look up and there is a mountain lion walking down the shore. We both get low and hide in the water to watch... about 10 seconds later 2 kittens come skipping after her. Mom had no clue we were 30 yards from her. She turned and disappeared into the brush.

Night fishing in central TX, I had something start barking 15 yards behind me... scared the crap out of me. I turn around and light him up with the light... it was a grey fox. It kept barking for 10 more seconds and then started to make a dash for me. I yelled and was getting ready to punt him and it turned around with about 5 feet left and went back into the brush. 

Not my story, but is from a trusted bud.  He was fishing an east TX lake, and was fishing bridge pillars around 1AM. A truck drives by twice, and then stops about 20 yards from him down the bridge. The dudes say "Dump it here?" and then drop the tail gate, carry over a plastic trash bag to the rail, and push it over. The bag sunk quickly. He was not sure what was going on, but was freaked out it might have been a body. He called it in and is not sure what it turned out to be.

Me and egoodnow used to fish a lake in NC during college that held some pretty good fish in it. Two different times at different spots on the lake we saw dead deer with their a**holes hanging out of their bodies. The animals were completely in tact and we even got a hit off of one of the deer.

• 3 weeks later...

I will keep it short and sweet. 

BUM FORTRESS that ish had a living room and 2 spare bedrooms in the middle of the Gila River between trees and bushes.

1/2 eaten golden retriever.

random couple coming out of the bushes girl was 1/2 naked but she also looked like Bigfoot, so nothing to brag about. 

Chupacabra at irvine lake ( was not a deer or mountain lion ) followed me and ryan (aka sugar free) for a mile along the back of the flats it literally was stocking us around 11 at night WE never went back on foot again .

Yeah I wouldn't go nightfishing there again either.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the weirdest thing around here but maybe for you guys, in my area EBMUD protects a bunch of reservoirs and watersheds for reasons I don't even know, nobody who fishes here goes for the few steelhead left after they moved 'em, so we just catch and release. But anyway, Seen a bunch of Wild Boars, big ones too, Have had some shoot out of bushes in front of us and almost charge us, along with us running into a baby with its mom (500lb mom probably more). We were about 10 feet from the baby and slowly backed away so the mom wouldn't charge us. Have seen a bunch of coyotes, heard some packs too when we were fishing near/in dark, scared the hell out of us as I live right on a trailhead to the reservoir and I've seen how big they are (Male German Shepherds for the big ones)

Also had a guy last week watching my brother friend and I, was slowly walking down trying to hide behind trees to check us out, then proceeds to rub his nipples, some weird ish. We continued to fish but always had to look behind us. Luckily that was all we saw.

At the same Reservoir, they have always had 2 helicopters that patrol the two "illegal" reservoirs near me, one had been quite active lately, around 3pm my time every day it circles, looking for poachers (never heard of or seen any) and Weed farmers (Watershed is huge and secluded near Castro Valley/Oakland CA,  one time some got in a shoot out but that's a different story) Anyway the helicopters normally do a fly by so all you have to do is wear camo type colors and hide near a bush and youre fine, but since they have been active as hell lately this one circles for about 30 minutes, my brother and I just hiding under a tree, slowly working back up to the trail. It's near a main lake point, well for the north part of the lake at least, so it is circling farther down nowhere near us, but if we went out we were screwed. Just a bit annoying having so many things to worry about, sometimes hikers are all anal and call you in, sometimes you run into wildlife, sometimes its helicopters, you never know, but thats what makes it more fun :)

• 2 months later...

I've had a gun fired by some hick lady. Don't think she was aiming for us, but gave me and my buddies a good spook. we just ran across the road and resumed fishingon a different lake. She told the cops she was shooting muskrats, but it was obvious bs  :-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was fishing a tournament her in NC, my buddy and I were flipping docks along this backwater area. We were behind this house and a naked woman with her hair in a towel walked past the back glass door and saw us and screamed, we started laughing and just kept fishing. Her husband came out back and started yelling at us but we were already a ways down the water haha!