Joint Connection Idea-Bike Chain Link

Hoosier_Hawgz

So I was looking joint ideas for my future swimbait project, (current project is basically a magnum lipless crankbait) and I saw that alot of the folks on here use double screw eyes with a pin. This gave me an idea along with some questions that I’m hoping I could get some insight on! 

Since I’ve tried the double screw eye/pin method and didn’t quite like it, I was wondering if it would be possible to install two links from a bike chain-like the one in the middle of the screenshot below- and pin it on both sides of the joint? 

Now I know it would be twice as much work, but what I’m envisioning would look/work similar to the Armajoint swimbait by Shimano. Does anybody have any experience with something like this, or would it be worth the effort to try it? 

344CE1C5-A747-472D-B375-CD5C998C6D25.jpeg

56DEA43D-E45C-4CB9-A66A-680174505584.jpeg

E857EA8B-457B-42DF-86D4-64D90C9677AC.jpeg

17 minutes ago, flaswimbaiter said:

Do they make them in stainless steel? 

I think so. With some quick searching I found this KMC stainless chain.

Out of curiosity, were you asking about stainless for corrosion resistance?

090605DA-B0B2-4C12-BA85-FAF275AA2C7A.jpeg

5 hours ago, azfisher said:

Search Engineered Angler on Youtube, he's made a couple baits using this joint method, 

Okay awesome, thank you for letting me know! Watching him and other bait makers on YouTube were what convinced to try lure making for myself, so I’ll have to go back through and watch those videos again

They have these figure eight washers in super tiny sizes I was eyeballing at home depot, I don't know what they're supposed to be used for but it seems like a great solution to join a bait!

16 hours ago, Jon P said:

They have these figure eight washers in super tiny sizes I was eyeballing at home depot, I don't know what they're supposed to be used for but it seems like a great solution to join a bait!

I’ll have to look into these to see what they’re like. Great info, thank you for letting me know about them!