Bubba Scale

253caster

Anybody try these scales? Tired of mine getting ruined during the rainy days up here in the PNW so I’m exploring some new options… This one claims to be waterproof so I was curious if anyone has tried them and had any issues.

03091842-A371-4686-A821-67CDD87A4510.png

I haven’t used it, but have herd some good things about it. Namely the accuracy and waterproof aspects. 
Been considering upgrading and adding a backup from my old trusty waterproof Berkley scale. Which I can say, is definitely friendly using in wet conditions. 

Definitely interested in others real world experience with the Bubba Scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this scale today. Feels like a really solid scale. Much more sturdy feeling than the Brecknell Samson.

Advertised as waterproof and it seems waterproof with a seal on the battery compartment and otherwise seems sealed (I don’t want to dunk it to test it). Weights seem to match the Brecknell. 

Only negatives apparent out of the box compared to Brecknell are: on Bubba, the numbers on screen are not as dark as Brecknell; and there is no attachment point for a wrist strap/lanyard (I like to attach some Paracord as a wrist strap to the scale after a couple of drops of other scales and bubba has no attachment point whereas Brecknell does). 

With bubba being waterproof, culling system, total bag weight, and a clip rather than hook to hold fish (but comes with interchangeable hook if you prefer), I think it will replace the Brecknell in my kayak.

Edited by Jordan B

• 9 months later...

So wanted to add a scale I can leave on my boat indefinitely, and after chatting with @253caster , I pulled the trigger on the Bubba Smart Scale as listed above. 
My initial impressions is very positive, though I have not got to use it yet, a review is not my intent with this follow up to the original topic. 

What I didn’t like is the standard smart scale (not the pro model) does not come with a storage case. I contacted Bubba to purchase one separately and they said they do not offer them for sale. So a little research and I came across this Harbor Freight Apache 1800 Weatherproof Case. I picked it up for approx $9.00. I did not even have to cut the foam to fit the scale. There is a bottom layer, then I stored the Bubba information packet between another layer of foam, then the put the scale on top. Scale is secured and protected during storage in my boat or what have you.
So if you have a Bubba Smart Scale or anything else for that matter this might be a cheap storage option: 

IMG_4885.thumb.jpeg.44ff36f8971985271cff0379650b06bf.jpeg

IMG_4883.thumb.jpeg.0511419693da90fe4b2506ccc2ce803d.jpeg

IMG_4884.thumb.jpeg.b2892bb6c9aeabd6b90ceb9e61c4ef0d.jpeg

16 hours ago, Mossyback Angler said:

So wanted to add a scale I can leave on my boat indefinitely, and after chatting with @253caster , I pulled the trigger on the Bubba Smart Scale as listed above. 
My initial impressions is very positive, though I have not got to use it yet, a review is not my intent with this follow up to the original topic. 

What I didn’t like is the standard smart scale (not the pro model) does not come with a storage case. I contacted Bubba to purchase one separately and they said they do not offer them for sale. So a little research and I came across this Harbor Freight Apache 1800 Weatherproof Case. I picked it up for approx $9.00. I did not even have to cut the foam to fit the scale. There is a bottom layer, then I stored the Bubba information packet between another layer of foam, then the put the scale on top. Scale is secured and protected during storage in my boat or what have you.
So if you have a Bubba Smart Scale or anything else for that matter this might be a cheap storage option: 

IMG_4885.thumb.jpeg.44ff36f8971985271cff0379650b06bf.jpeg

IMG_4883.thumb.jpeg.0511419693da90fe4b2506ccc2ce803d.jpeg

IMG_4884.thumb.jpeg.b2892bb6c9aeabd6b90ceb9e61c4ef0d.jpeg

Thanks for this, I have the scale wedged in a storage compartment of my fishing pack right now and it feels wrong. Perfect solution right there. 

I also agree with everything positive said about the Bubba, I've had the cheaper Rapalas that lots of people use and they've quit on me after a while. This scale feels built to last in comparison. 

i had an X tools that lasted forever.   Got a Brecknell for the accuracy, but miss the best 5 fish feature of the x Tools.

I'll look at the Bubba......i do use their knives in crappie season