What’s better ??

Ricardo925

7 hours ago, Jonnybass64 said:

I have both and have had serious issues with my scorpion md. The brakes basically fry themselves and slowly disintegrate into a white powder which collect on the spool. No good. I’d recommend the tranx 300 hg. Great reel. 

Have you tried putting a drop of thin oil on the brake pads. Helps a lot with brakes deteriorating.

The scorpion md xg is a much better reel for glides than the tranx because it casts further unless you get ceramic bearings, then it’ll be close. Not to mention the fact that it’s lighter. Beyond that the main separation between the 2 is the spool shape, brakes, and weighting. I personally prefer my scorpion to my tranx for glide fishing, especially big glides like a 250 that you can give a 1/4 turn to then slack it out to make it glide 5-7 feet, although the tranx is still far better for soft bait fishing like a hudd crawled at snail speeds or for things that are a bit faster than that. 

5 hours ago, lux036 said:

Have you tried putting a drop of thin oil on the brake pads. Helps a lot with brakes deteriorating.

I haven’t. I was ready to throw the thing away hahaha my issue has been bad. I’ll give that a try as a last resort but again I would not recommend the scorpion md personally 

So here's what i've experienced. I have a tranx hg that i've had for about a year (so take this with a grain of salt). I've had a Scorpion 300 MD for around the same length of time. To me, the scorpion MD is more fun to fish because of the slightly higher gear ratio. In my experience the scorpion excels at throwing the lighter baits, its my dedicated k9 reel and I throw my legend, balam, and rafa on it as well. The tranx isn't as fun to throw the lighter glides and multi joints in my opinion but I get more distance when i'm throwing a 250. I keep my tranx on my heaviest rod to hunk around anything over the 6oz mark and it performs beautifully. Take this with a grain of salt, but I very much enjoy having both reels, both have their place in my arsenal and I fully believe you wont regret buying either or both.  

Blessings,

Asa 

10 hours ago, filthyrick said:

Come over to the dark side and give the Tatula 300 a whirl... you won't be disappointed. 

I'm a Daiwa convert for a few years now, Z2020s are my goto. Haven't tried the Tatula 300s.