Cranking down?

nightsessions

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crankdown is good enough to when I see these topics I cringe. :lol: I throw crankdown wakes all year and its my #1 technique. Id say I throw them 75% of the time, regardless of species. CNt really recommend a bait since I make my own custom for what I want but early next year ill have some xrankdown options readily available. Not just wakes that will crankdown but baits made specifically for it.

Have had good success cranking down when fish arnt fully committing to a wake bait up top. Also when the wind dies down and the water becomes glass. Crank down and get them in the subsurface zone.

Did well last year cranking the silent killer 250 thru tree tops, the larger bill on it helped it get thru. Also cranking down the 175 model. Trick was using a 6.1 gear ratio to get the bait to thump, once that speed was maintained the bites came.

Looking forward to trying some wood crank down baits.

Have had good success cranking down when fish arnt fully committing to a wake bait up top.

This is basically what I do. If the fish aren't reacting to the bait on top, I start cranking it down every few casts. If it gets bit that way, I start cranking it down more often.