Tatula Type R

nightsessions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
you would be better off selling them and using the money to grab a T-3 ballistic for 125 on TW right now. I've fished the hell out of my T3 with ZERO issues. Ali broke a tatula the first week he had it lol.

How does the t3 do on 2-2.5 oz swimbaits

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 tatulas 1 type r and two reg models and I plan on buying another type r and reg model...

I freakin love em! But I haven't fished them a ton do to the weather and lack of unfrozen water I have probably 20 hours on the reg model and it's performed flawlessly,you have to REEDUCATE your thumbs though that tws really let's that line FLY of the spool and you can backlash easily but once you get the hang of it you will definitely notice increased distance on your cast,some people complain about the weight but when your use to fishing with reels over 10 oz they seem light,they are also uber smooth

So far I'm pleased we shall see if that holds up thru 2014

• 2 weeks later...
I have probably 20 hours on the reg model and it's performed flawlessly

What baits were you throwing on it? Any thoughts on the max lure weight to chuck with?I've got an opportunity to grab one of these at a great price, so I'm thinking about this or another lexa 300 in the 5:1:1

I have probably 20 hours on the reg model and it's performed flawlessly

What baits were you throwing on it? Any thoughts on the max lure weight to chuck with?I've got an opportunity to grab one of these at a great price, so I'm thinking about this or another lexa 300 in the 5:1:1

I bet it could cast all baits but after awhile I'm afraid it would damage it I wouldn't toss anything over 2 oz for a prolong period once you get over 2oz spool capacity would be any issue also(unless using braid)

I use them for my conventional stuff crank baits,jigs,plastics,rip baits,spinnerbaits