Any car guys?

Fat-G

I've been a big fan of cars for a long time, but got real into them my last two years of high school. Last year when I got to college I got the car itch real bad. We have a bunch of middle eastern students on campus that happen to be extremely wealthy thanks to big oil money. Naturally, they all have beautiful American cars. (Funny thing is they all have the 5.0's, Camaros, Challengers, and Vettes with automatic trannys)

I think the car world is amazing. It's one of those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" type things. There are so many subcultures and cults and groups. That is so cool to me. I try to see the beauty in all cars. Slammed S-10? Lifted El Camino? Pink CTS-V? Sweet, that dude is driving what he wants to drive and likes it the way it is.. That, to me, is beautiful.

So what do you guys like? I'm a fan of all cars in all cultures, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd say American muscle/supercars are my favorite as a whole (Viper, Vette, Cobra, etc). The R35 GT-R is probably my "pick one car, ever" choice.

As an aside, I currently work valet for a pretty well-known theatre in Richhmond, Va. I've driven a ton of different cars, and have opinions on all of them. A few of my favorites:

2013 Aston Martin Rapide S - Oh man. Sounded mean, like daring you to f with it mean. Trans was super slow and clunky.

Mini Cooper S - This car puts a :D on my face every single time I drive one. Think huge go-kart.

Acura TL Type S - My first car was a 2002 Accord, this felt just like it but nicer, faster, and more comfortable. (Everything it should be)

'07 E55 AMG - don't need to say much here.

So what do you guys like?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should add that I don't currently have a car, but am saving up for one. I'm conflicted between business and pleasure: truck + boat or corvette c5 z06. I might make a mutual compromise and end up getting an STi.

You can always make a truck go faster. But it will be hard to make a Vette float.

I can appreciate the engineering and design that goes into a car. But as far as modding, customizing, whatever, 99% of the time it looks worse. But just about every new version of a car looks worse than the last one.

The kind of cars you're talking about are just toys in my mind. Even if I had the money at some point in life, I don't think I'd ever care to own a vette let alone an aston.

It's cheaper and safer to just light a stack of money on fire.

If it doesn't pull ish, or haul ish, it's just a ride from A to B.

First car was an '88 Volvo 760 with 175k on it. I put almost 200k more on it from that point. Next was a '95 Explorer with 198k on it. I put 80k on top of that. After that, I was finally going to buy a car that wasn't pushing 200k miles from the start, and was torn between a truck (what I wanted) and a smaller more fuel efficient car. I opted for a smaller car, but thought maybe if it was quick, I wouldn't hate myself for not buying a truck. Had that car for 6 months. Sold it. Bought a brand new 3/4ton truck.

To play along with your question, favorite cars of mine off the top of my head

E36 & E46 M3, R34 Skyline, MkV GTI, 1990s 300ZX, 2002 WRX

But I'd rather have a rusty ass truck and a jon boat than any of them.

Ok now that I have a moment to type something. That ish before is the funniest thing I've read on here in a year easy. Lmao. Anyway.

I love cars. Love em. Actually...I love anything fast. My first love is motorcycles. Eat sleep and breath em. Mainly now because its easyer to stash 9 motorcycles in a garage then 9 cars but one day haha. But that's something else, but lead me to my car obsession. My heart lies with American muscle. Nothing...nothing makes the hair on my neck stand up faster then a big ass V8 opening up into the redline, Especially a big block.

Now I should say, I have yet to own my own supper car but have alot of very close friends and relatives with em. Me and one of my best friends have been messing with his 72 chevelle for 7 or 8 years since his dad passed it down to him. Been helping my uncle with his 05 roush for a while to. Had that one over 160 a few times. Always fun. Haha.

I've been threw damn near every course for mechanics my local college has and studied it to go into as a career but was steered into dealer service work which is not me. If I could right now my dream is to open a muscle shop for cars and bikes with my gear head friend. But we're both afraid if we did we'd stop loving cars so much and it would become just another job. Same reason I don't go get a job at a tackle store, cause I don't want to burn myself out at what I love. Maybe one day. For now I keep building on my truck 06 silverado vortex maxx. Cherps second on a good day and have smoked many a non suspecting ricers. Haha. Plus I need to tow my boat around 80 when I wake up late for tournaments. Haha. Some day when room allows I hope to get a car to build. My current hair is a older 30s truck rat rod on bags. But again that has to wait till room allows. Haha.

My dream cars include 67 chevelle ss, 65 el camino, 66 impala ss. Love the later 60s Chevys.

Bryson.

I should add that I don't currently have a car, but am saving up for one. I'm conflicted between business and pleasure: truck + boat or corvette c5 z06. I might make a mutual compromise and end up getting an STi.

When I first started fishing, I went straight to tournament fishing (bad idea :lol: ) and there was this one guy that was towing his bass boat with a vette. So If you can afford a boat and a vette, go for it! 8-)

I am a honda guy. My first car was a 94 accord. This past year I picked up a 93 del sol I am working on and going to do a full jdm h22a swap into. Plan on working in it this weekend if the weather is bad. If not I'll be throwing my new triple trout and hudd!