Polarized Glasses

WaterWolf44

I wouldn’t compromise with sunglasses. I was using Oakley in the past but upgraded to Smith and can see another foot or two down into the water with them. Really helpful especially with glides and identifying followers. 

I’ll add I got two pairs of the smith, I ordered a few pairs directly from them to see what fit, kept the pair I liked and returned the rest (free shipping and returns).  Smith also makes glass like costa - which is what I ended up with. They are heavier but supposed to be more scratch resistant and optically clear. I was able to find a second backup pair of the same frame with polycarbonate lenses at a discount on Amazon. 

Costa, Maui Jim and Smith are some of the top rated for polarized fishing lenses. I know Electric partners with SU but never had a pair and don’t know anyone who has used them to comment. 

If you’re a Costco member they usually have Maui Jim at a discount so that might be something to look into if you’re on a budget. 

Edited by Jerkbait22

I've used Electric for years before I joined SU. I started using their snow goggles in the early 2000's and when it was time to spend more than gas station money on sunglasses I just went with the because it's what I knew were already good quality. I've been happy with every pair of shades from Electric I own. I have a pair in all 3 of my vehicles as well as pairs in my fishing bag and golf bags. I would highly recommend them and if not them Smith is my next choice, I will say I like the glass lens option. They feel heavy if if you're not used to glass lenses but doesn't take much to get used to them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 7:46 AM, Jerkbait22 said:

Costa, Maui Jim and Smith are some of the top rated for polarized fishing lenses. I know Electric partners with SU but never had a pair and don’t know anyone who has used them to comment. 

If you’re a Costco member they usually have Maui Jim at a discount so that might be something to look into if you’re on a budget. 

Check out Bajio. Electric is also a great brand. Two awesome independent companies with great customer service. 

I’ve had OpticNerve for the past 2 years and for the price I don’t think you can beat them! You can go more sporty if you want or more casual but they are super solid! I can see pretty deep into the water and they are durable as well!

The FixieMax Daingerous are fire and I had them already. Got a pair of the Rumble ones now and can’t complain at all!

On 6/13/2023 at 5:15 PM, Catfishcarranza said:

Spy’s are dope af. I’ve had mine forever 

Uh oh. We've got an early 2000s kid! Definitely how I'll imagine you now when you're trolling on the black market!image.png.601d26a347589654ea7de38aa69720d6.png

I looked into a new pair of cheaper glasses since I’m so rough on em, and several very reputable guys I know have recommended the Eye Surrender glasses. If you don’t want to pay $200-$300 for some Costas or Maui Jim’s, I’ve heard they are the way to go. I just ordered a pair for myself today, they’re $65 plus tax and shipping