Public Service Announcement

BigBaitThirty

I Bought this Joythief Ghost June 7… 

Supposedly it was shipped 6/8/23…

Upon checking tracking to the “Label” Provided via USPS Everyday since it’s only showed notification to USPS that a label was created…

The guy was fairly quick to always respond and show concern and said he went to the PO even to check in and said they said there was a label issue and or it wasn’t scanned correctly supposedly but that was a week ago and we’re going on 2 weeks no movement… Checked in a few days ago double checking package was insured and was assured it was and was even offered an immediate refund until the package hopefully arrived, to which I was happy to oblige…

Havent heard a peep since.

Obviously hoping he just dropped his phone in the lake… but it’s not looking good. Politely Reached out this morning to no avail. I see now that there are several other posts with people chiming in pissed off… Red flags everywhere… Shitty thing is I started out safe and smart sent funds via PayPal gift and he said his account was new or something so it was on hold for 21 days… then we went to Venmo, insured it then too, he came back with a similar response, I agree to pay after it shipped with proof of shipment…

I was disarmed by the prompt and consistent communication and the gesture of him being willing to hold it for a few days prior so I felt an additional obligation to get him paid… In the end I sent $300 of my hard earned via Cash App to fulfill my end…

It’s not looking good and reading the room so to speak it’s looking like His MO…

This is atrocious. I bought this as a gift for my brother as it was mint and he still had the box and everything, which I made him privy too… I can’t for the life of me understand how people can do good folks dirty and screw them over. It’s mind blowing.

I’ve been using SU since probably 07’ (I’ve lost several phones due to water damage) and subsequently lost track of my password and eventually just made a new account… my point being I’ve been a long standing member and have never experienced this up until recently. Super disheartening that some among us even have this capacity.

That sucks but lately this has been happening alot. Not just here but almost everything in life, peoples world means about as much as dog ish lately.

Bottom line if you do not know the person ALWAYS pay with PayPal as goods. If not move on fron the sale.

As ishy as it will be for new members, beware of the new accounts also. I looked a little deeper and seems like this guy was doing his homework…a little. He made responses to other’s posts on different threads about reels etc. personally I’m newer to the forum and mostly I watch the black market so you won’t find many posts from me (bc I’ve yet to catch a large fish on a swimbait lol). But I found it important to at least buy from good members here to get some trader feedback going, and prove I’m not out to scam folks. I’ve only made one sale to BBT actually, but I know my schedule is crazy and have a difficult time committing to getting baits in the mail so I don’t usually offer to sell. But you’re absolutely right in saying the scam rate has really increased recently.

Maybe as a community we can enforce new rules….a minimum amount of purchases needed before you can sell….hold the baits while you’re verified by other members…something of that nature. IMO legitimate sellers will have a bit of patience to ensure a good deal. Also as it’s been said many times….if someone insists on F&F only…pass on the deal! There may be legitimate sellers who are good folks that prefer this method but we really gotta give effort to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

lastly….BBT …if you want something from TD4 I’ll cover you ;) 

-Shawn

6 hours ago, Fishawn1027 said:

As ishy as it will be for new members, beware of the new accounts also. I looked a little deeper and seems like this guy was doing his homework…a little. He made responses to other’s posts on different threads about reels etc. personally I’m newer to the forum and mostly I watch the black market so you won’t find many posts from me (bc I’ve yet to catch a large fish on a swimbait lol). But I found it important to at least buy from good members here to get some trader feedback going, and prove I’m not out to scam folks. I’ve only made one sale to BBT actually, but I know my schedule is crazy and have a difficult time committing to getting baits in the mail so I don’t usually offer to sell. But you’re absolutely right in saying the scam rate has really increased recently.

Maybe as a community we can enforce new rules….a minimum amount of purchases needed before you can sell….hold the baits while you’re verified by other members…something of that nature. IMO legitimate sellers will have a bit of patience to ensure a good deal. Also as it’s been said many times….if someone insists on F&F only…pass on the deal! There may be legitimate sellers who are good folks that prefer this method but we really gotta give effort to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

lastly….BBT …if you want something from TD4 I’ll cover you ;) 

-Shawn

Right on Brotha I may be able to join after all… Tonight’s surprise bday dinner for Bae was a huge success so I got the pass for Sat:)

5 hours ago, SumoNinja said:

If he's on swimbait culture, report it to gus 

Hope it works out somehow bro 

I am  the admin for the Swimbait Culture page on Facebook and I checked for him, he has been banned and removed. 

• 4 weeks later...