Request: 200 sized reels

Bsampson

I am looking on reviews on 200 sized reels. Any and all. I posted a question about them in the underground and I am realizing I need to keep digging on reels and I am hoping people wouldn’t mind giving first hand accounts on those sized reels. Hopefully this can be a thread other members can come for a good overview on this sized reel

Antares dc md palms great but my 18 got geary after 1 season. I have a conquest dc hg that’s also really nice. Haven’t put in as much time on that but it seems to have more power and palms nicely for a round reel. 

Edited by Jerkbait22

• 4 weeks later...

The tranx 200 has been my favorite lately buttery smooth & I been fishing it with 18# fc sniper & it casts great & handles 3oz baits with ease! I have mine paired with a gomexus 110mm handle with flat knobs & it feels great overall

Edited by bassfishing24/7
Add

• 1 month later...

I’m using a 200 Tranx 7:1 for 6” magdrafts, TK, 168 S Wavers, etc on my junk rod. That’s a 13 Defy H cranking rod with the top 5” broke off and I replaced the tiptop. I kept this for kayak fishing  because of the short handle  but I’m surprised how good this works off my boat for skipping and twitching those baits above. 

the reel works great but it’s getting a little geary. I suppose after 2yrs I should open it up clean and lube it?..

I’ve used the curado k 200 sweet reel for the price with some good casting distance. Have 2 Antares 18’s love both reel but i sometimes feel they were more hype than anything. Another thing about the Antares my local guys won’t touch the for service or maintenance so I had to learn to do it my self which first time trying I thought I’d really just through away money but I kept at it and there’s nothing to doing it myself now.