First 316 swimbait which one ?

Bucketmouth559

316 lure website they have free style gill (floater) and 7.5 baby bass wake which one is a better choice out of the two ?? I’ve heard great things about wake jr just never fish one … either one will be used for pond fishing where most bass are 1- 3 pounders… thanks for any advise or information 

The 7.5" Wake Jr is one of my most productive baits ever. So that would be my pick. But it depends on where you are fishing and what you want to do. A billed topwater 2 piece is very different than multijiont swimmer. 

Edited by Bronzeback Bomber

This really isn’t a question anybody can answer for you as it’s literally just personal preference. Do you like wakes or swimmers? If you don’t have experience with either then spending $200 to try one out probably stupid move. Not like the bait gonna catch the fish for you….

12 minutes ago, Bronzeback Bomber said:

The 3:16 Freestyles have an incredible swim at ultra slow speeds but you can also rip them and they don't blow out. 

The wake Jr is an awesome bait when you fish it almost like a spook. 

When you say fish it like an spook, are you talking about walking the wake jr in place?

Edited by Jerkbait22

3 hours ago, brootalititties said:

This really isn’t a question anybody can answer for you as it’s literally just personal preference. Do you like wakes or swimmers? If you don’t have experience with either then spending $200 to try one out probably stupid move. Not like the bait gonna catch the fish for you….

I prefer wakes as ponds where I fish are really shallow 3-7ft have really great rat bite there that’s why I was looking at wake jr or floating 5 in gill free style … wanted to toss something different besides rats