NY Steelhead

Dsouth

Fished the NY Salmon River Thursday, Friday, Saturday + a few hrs Sunday morning with friend Capeangler Scott, Thursday + Friday we had incredible days for both #s + size but Saturday was slow but still managed to land a few + travel day Sunday was on with 10+ fish-on in 2.5 hrs of fishing.

A few I Love NY Photos.

post-229-142529907933_thumb.jpg

post-229-14252990793809_thumb.jpg

post-229-14252990794324_thumb.jpg

post-229-14252990794737_thumb.jpg

post-229-14252990795157_thumb.jpg

post-229-1425299079533_thumb.jpg

post-229-1425299079572_thumb.jpg

man that looks freezing!! i was out yesterday in 46 degree weather and my hands were numb... cant imagine what that was like!!

no kidding! if i were in those pics, the fish would be blurry from my hands shaking so much. altho, having lived on both coast, i gotta say 46° here feels a LOT colder than 46° in the northeast.

Nice work DanFather! I hear great things about the Salmon River. I may have to try that some day!

man that looks freezing!! i was out yesterday in 46 degree weather and my hands were numb... cant imagine what that was like!!

no kidding! if i were in those pics, the fish would be blurry from my hands shaking so much. altho, having lived on both coast, i gotta say 46° here feels a LOT colder than 46° in the northeast.

46 degrees is 46 degrees. Cali just made you soft. 8-)

Nice work DanFather! I hear great things about the Salmon River. I may have to try that some day!

46 degrees is 46 degrees. Cali just made you soft. 8-)

is that why you were trying to huddle up against me in the car while waiting for the dvl gates to open and the sun to rise? that morning was prob ~50°...you just didn't know it! =)

is that why you were trying to huddle up against me in the car while waiting for the dvl gates to open and the sun to rise? that morning was prob ~50°...you just didn't know it! =)

It was probably from the chill I got from the ice in your veins. :shock:

Thank for the replies guys, lets go Ltrain bet its only about a 4.5hrs ride for you 5hrs ride for me.

Heading back upstate Fri-Tue for another Steelhead hunt + this time there call for extremely cold temps and heavy lake effect snows. When ever the wind blows off Lake Ontario the area I’m fishing get hit with huge amounts of snow but with the right waders and high end clothing you can still stay warm even in single digit air temps. Should have some pictures like this from this trip.

post-229-14252990830291_thumb.jpg