Fake/Knockoff JDM Swimbaits on Ebay

DEPS_250

Does anyone know if there a lot of fake/knockoff JDM swimbaits floating around on Ebay?

I know for a fact there are knockoffs of the DRT Tiny Klash that is made by a 3rd party plastic bait manufacturer and they show up on Ebay all the time. 

Does anyone know if there are fakes/knockoffs for other JDM brands like Megabass, Evergreen, Imakatsu, Jackall, IMA, DEPS, OSP etc. that is floating around Ebay? I want to buy some Megabass Islides on Ebay and was wondering if the ones I see on Ebay are fakes/knockoffs or are they legit the real thing? 

How can you tell if something is a fake/knockoff? 

Edited by DEPS_250

The short answer is yes.

however there are also many reputable retailers on eBay if they have a lot of positive reviews then you’re probably safe. These guys are usually running e-commerce businesses so it is not in their interest to burn people. The knockoff tks you’re talking about are generally advertised as knockoffs and are 1/4 the price of the brand name. 
i love eBay and it has treated me very well and I’ve gotten some very hard to acquire items at great prices. eBay is very good about middlemanning any issues you have and if you pay with PayPal you’re double protected.