Alternatives for Magdraft?

Mcampagna_04

I use 6” magdrafts while night fishing for smallmouth on my local pond. The problem is the magdrafts are breaking after one fish where the hooks no longer sit right and the fish pull the hardware almost clean out of the bodies including the magnets disappearing instantly. I just bought a SPRO Megalojohn and a Berkeley Cullshad to see if their durabilitys are any better. Im not too hopeful for the berkley one but hopefully the spro one is a good alternative. I’m looking for something with the same stinger hook idea as i haven’t had much luck on top hooks with smallmouth. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

1 hour ago, Mcampagna_04 said:

I use 6” magdrafts while night fishing for smallmouth on my local pond. The problem is the magdrafts are breaking after one fish where the hooks no longer sit right and the fish pull the hardware almost clean out of the bodies including the magnets disappearing instantly. I just bought a SPRO Megalojohn and a Berkeley Cullshad to see if their durabilitys are any better. Im not too hopeful for the berkley one but hopefully the spro one is a good alternative. I’m looking for something with the same stinger hook idea as i haven’t had much luck on top hooks with smallmouth. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

STAY AWAY FROM THE CULLSHAD!!!!

I bought 2 and planned to use them for an upcoming musky trip and when I tested them out in my local pond the action was terrible. Rolled over when fished slow and fast, I’ve had some issues with the 8” magdraft rolling at high speeds but nothing compared to the cullshad. Serves me right for supporting one of berkley’s rip offs I guess

Edited by Swimbait302

7 minutes ago, Swimbait302 said:

STAY AWAY FROM THE CULLSHAD!!!!

I bought 2 and planned to use them for an upcoming musky trip and when I tested them out in my local pond the action was terrible. Rolled over when fished slow and fast, I’ve had some issues with the 8” magdraft rolling at high speeds but nothing compared to the cullshad. Serves me right for supporting one of berkley’s rip offs I guess

Yea i don’t have to high off hopes for it but also just asked for TW to take it off my ordered. Its still back ordered so hopefully they still can. Thanks for the advice. It was one of those lures i have little faith in but wanted to try. But since so many people got it early and everyone is saying its aweful ima just say its probably a waste of money

Osprey talon and the line through rising son are both killer baits, I don't know if you could call them more durable. Having the line through function is a great advantage, IMO the magdraft is an internally rigged bait made to mimic the action of a line through.